Thread: finally happened....HG's blown..[rant]

Va Beach,Va

Angry finally happened....HG's blown..[rant]

Just picked up the car today from the local "performance garage"......they installed 373's for me.....idle was erractic at start-up but I figured that maybe the battery had been disconnected while the car was being worked on and the eec/chip was trying to relearn so i just headed back toward work....
    within 2 miles hg's popped.....white smoke,oil out the oil/check tube,temp guage rising,bubbles in the overflow......wonder if the guys who did the gears decided to "test" them out before I picked the car up?Of course when I called them they were surprised that the hg's were blown,but they noted on the repair sheet that the exhaust smelled like coolant when they did the work[cya?].
    Guess I'll learn how to r/r the hg's......I've been wanting to put on my ported heads so here's the opportunity.....wish me luck.

man that really sucks, sorry to hear that. best of luck to ya, and may your sc run better than ever!!

Va. beach, Virginia
    Damn Z....My condolences...Once again, if you need any help wrenching give me a call I'll still be here in VB for the next month. Hope you get it worked out soon.