stalling 89?

Syckojayy

Greetings all...

I just looked at a white atx 89 supercoupe. It has 35k on it and was bought new in 89 and kept in a garage. The car is perfect except for it wont stay running. The car runs and sounds great if you keep your foot on the gas but once you let off it stalls. The inspection sticker said 12/02 so the gas has been in there for 2 years, there is a half tank left. Its owned by an 85 year old man who wants 5k for it and wont budge on the price. I want to buy the car buy I'm alittle nervous about the stalling. Now I'm sure its probably bad gas but I was wondering what else it could be. He won't let me take it for a ride because it has no plates on it. should I just buy it or should I buy the other SC I looked which is a 95 black mtx with 67k on it for 6500 that I looked at and is also in amazing shape?

Thank you in advance...

95 SC all the way. They are quicker and a manual tranny is much more fun to drive with these cars. Seems a little pricey though. Better blower, bigger injectors, bigger TB, better tranny gearing. 94/95 SC's are the quickest fastest SC. The only downside in my opinion is the front bumper cover. I don't like em. I would still own one though. :D

Like Darkside said 95 all the way!And if i'm not mistaken the production #'s for that year with 5 speed were like 500 total cars made.Good luck!!! :D

Back