Whats your favorite band of all time!?

getblown

Just checkin' up on what kind of music we all listen to, now don't bother with what other people think and just shout out your absolute
FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME...

If you know me at all... Ive been a cold soldier from 2001 and that will never change, powerful concerts and even more powerful lyrics. Listening to cold, im in a trance that i dont want to get out of and it makes getting out of my SC that much worse .

COLD - become part of the army!

jOe

Dream Theater & Rush

With Dream Theater, there is no better group musicians that has the technical proficiency, musical virtuosity, and phenominal creativity that stimulates the brain, moves your heart and touches your soul!

And Rush...come on...it's Rush. Fathers of modern progressive rock/metal. 3 of the most influential musicians on their respective instruments in the past 30 years.

I am a drummer and percussionist by the way. As well as a music teacher, private instructor and own a music transcribing company, "Progressive Transcriptions".

I appreciate musicians who know there craft. We have too many "bubble gum" and "flavor of the month bands" that are millionaires with a two chords song and whinny lyrics about there relationship problems or some bs like that.

Peace,
Metalman

this might be kind of korny but my favorite has always been meat loaf the lyrics to me are just powerful but if that won't do my second choice would have to be ozzy, when randy rhoads was his guitar player cause i still have not heard anyone play as well as randy i noticed that most guitarest are rated on hjow well they can make a guitar talk but randy rhoads was the only one that i have seen that could make a guitar sing not worth much but just my thoughts :)

'Tallica!

As for my favorite all time band, it's Metallica :cool:
I like all sorts of metal, Megadeth, Sabbath, Slayer, Iron Maiden.
It's all good!
I've recently been listening to Avenged Sevenfold, they rock!

Andrew :cool:

I'd have to say Queensryche. They sound as good live as on the albums. The only other band I've heard live that sounds almost as good is Dream Theater.

On a side note: The best concert I have ever been to, was Metallica / Guns & Roses at Arrowhead Stadium. General Admission and I managed to get front row!

re

Anything but Rush.
I mean is it a guy, is it a girl singing?? I just find the vocals so anoying, but the music itself is good. I will give you that. (Just playing with ya by the way)

Mine would be Smashing pumpkins, siamiese dream got me hooked. Unfortunatly it was about the last one worth anything. I really do love that album though. Brings back a lot of good HS memories. ;)

Last edited:
Rush and Megadeth. Two of the most talented groups of musicians out there. Being a musician myself, I tend to listen to songs as a whole, instead of just for a catchy melody or blazing guitar solo. Neil Peart is the most talented and dedicated drummer that I have ever heard, plus one the best lyricists. Dave Mustaine is the best all around metal guitarist ever. If you really sit and listen to his rythems and all the little things that are going on during a Megadeth song you might see where I'm coming from. :D Just my opinions.

Oh Yeah, I love me some Suicidal Tendencies....and Kreator..........and Testament..........and...........old Ice Cube!

Opeth....Because its far more brutal than Metallica, megadeth, slayer, and sabbath combined. Darkside, you should check them out I think you'd appreciate it.

Dirtybird, when it comes to hip-hop, I would have to go with oldschool Mos-Def, and Telib Kweli (blackstar), or the king himself KRS-One. :)

LightY3arZ said:
Opeth....Because its far more brutal than Metallica, megadeth, slayer, and sabbath combined. Darkside, you should check them out I think you'd appreciate it.

Heard em. In my CD wallet: Obituary, Sepultura, Death, Sodom, Exodus, Pantera, S.O.D., D.R.I., Metallica upto ...And Justice for All, after that album there's no point, and Monster Ballads? :eek: It's um, the um, wife's. Yeah, that's it. It's the wife's. ;)

drummers

Have you guys checked out Jimmy Chamberlands <spelling for the smashing pumkins? I'm not a drummer but I love his beats. Maybe it spawns from rush or something. I used to play the guitar pretty heavily so that is about all I listen to (the guitar in music).

It is funny how playing an instrument for a while will completly f up how you listen to music. (good and bad) much like an SC.

T-bird4vr said:
Have you guys checked out Jimmy Chamberlands <spelling for the smashing pumkins? I'm not a drummer but I love his beats. Maybe it spawns from rush or something. I used to play the guitar pretty heavily so that is about all I listen to (the guitar in music).

It is funny how playing an instrument for a while will completly f up how you listen to music. (good and bad) much like an SC.

I know what you mean. Being a musician and a fan of bands such as Dream Theater and Rush is why I can't stand most of the MTV and radio crap. The more you know your craft, the more you can pick out the frauds and bad players :)

Kinda like looking at a ricer :)

Back