supercharger rebuild

Callmewhitexr7

I've started my supercharger rebuild today and while I have everything apart i'm going to just port it all out. Once I had the turbines out i put the plenum back on and i noticed that the plenum outlet is smaller than the supercharger inlet so I'm going to port it out to match the supercharger. Also I was looking at the other plenum and noticed that the outlet on it is smaller than the inlet on the intake manifold so i'm porting it out too. I've already grinded down the lip on the inside of the plenum and started using an engine hone to bore the plenum out. Once I'm done I will use some 2000 grit to get it all smooth and then polish it out for a nice flow. I'll take some pics and post them also. Also how much h/p do you think I will gain on doing this? Thanks

NICK

Well, maybe you would have garnered more responses by posting your question in the tech forum? Additionally, giving you an answer on how much HP you are going to gain by doing port work on your SC, and plenum etc, is going to be tough for anyone not intimately familiar with your car because there are other factors that would determine how much of a gain you would receive. These factors may include, but are not excluded too:
The quality of the porting you do
how large you port them over stock sizes
what other mods you have on the car already
etc.
Best of luck on the project.

Damn that was quick. Thanks for the reply's it just seems like everytime i post on this forum no one reply's to anything.

nick

Hahaha...be a post whore and you will get responses eventually!
Seriousy though, sometimes you get responses, sometimes you don't. Thats just the way things go. When you post a tech question, hopefully it will be answered by someone who has experience in relation to the specific question that you have asked, and sometimes it may take a few days for such a person to log on, and see your question. :)

Back