Pics and Vids of a M90 on my 4cyl VW SCIROCCO

wolf rocco

hey people the car is running again putting out 15psi at about 5500 RPM out of gear i have to plate it now so i can get in for a ride i just have to pick up a BOV from a friend and vent off the extra boost i cant use, i can only run 11 psi till i upgrade injectors and 15 is the highest i have seen on the gauge so far.

here are the pics if they work

aup.sized.jpg

auo.sized.jpg

aun.sized.jpg

aur.sized.jpg

auq.sized.jpg

and here are some PEA'S that came from the muffler with a dead mouse
aus.sized.jpg

Here are the VIDS
big may take a bit to load well worth the time :D
http://eastcoastdubs.org/movies/roccovid1.mov

small a teaser =)
http://eastcoastdubs.org/movies/roccovid2.mov

mmm so scircco guys can use our blowers.......i may be lurking around scirccoo's forums , to seel my m90 and finance my whipple. :cool:

Holly crap! Talk about fabrication! Thats just awesome! Im personally more of an MKI fan...dad had an 81 'rocco back in the day that I loved. I hated when we got rid of it. I've seen a few that even have a stuffed VR6 motor in them...those things will fly and handle like a dream! I want one again! PROOOJEEEEECT!

yea it was very easy to install just took some thinking and a few heads together and it went it like a dream i love the sound it makes did you guys listen to the clips of it :)

yea vr6 rocco's are very hard to do right as on any older VW but when they are done its a nice fealing.

a friend in town has a Cadilac Northstar motor in a golf now that thing is bad *** sounds great :D

i know some VW have Eaton on them heard a Passat and a Rabbit and a Few corrados but people tend to call them Heatons due to the heat built up from them but it is far better then paying 1000 bucks to get a g60 charger rebuilt

I havent downloaded all of the clips...they are pretty big and I have sucky *** dial up!! Its still cool as hell tho from the pix! WHen you say that they build heat, wouldnt you be able to solve that by intercooling? Perhaps an good air-liquid intercooler?

Last edited:
yep it was a g60 motor sold the charger to a friend for 400 bucks and he rebuilt it and ported it for his car worked out well for me getting the Eaton for 250 bucks
i also picked up a M62 from a Exterra for 500 bucks with 300 miles on it but it was WAY to big to mount up in the engine bay

i have the intercooler in it now i will see how temps are when running it and i will also look into a AIR to water setup also have the 2 might not be a bad plan

but now i have just realized i have to make a dump valve for the 5 psi that i cant use till i get my chip and bigger injectors

i was thinking about getting a bigger pulley made but it may cost alot to do but this would help the Heat from the charger

Wow...i just got to download the videos. For some reason i cant see the actual images (some type of codec missing on my player) but i can hear the sound. Man, i tell you...i would be scared to hear that noise coming out of a rocco man. Do you have a website with more pix/information?? This is really cool man!

hey rocco

Instead of a dump valve for the extra boost, if you went to a bigger pulley, it would decrease the boost some as well as help with the heat. I think the pulley on 94/95 SCs are bigger than 89-93. Just a thought. Nice work!!!!

David

what size pulleys did they come with can you guys give me the sizes you have on your cars and tommrow i will measure mine and see what size it is

i did not have any pics of the build or vids was too busy building it and work has been crazy so when i had time i worked like crazy

Back