Brake Parts needed

J

jimpcooke

Brake Parts needed

My brakes failed today. The pedal is rock hard and my only braking came from the emergency brake to make it back to work. Apparently I have to replace the the brake mechanism up front. Anyone have any ideas or parts? 604-240-6785

Re: GAH!!

sounds like the master cylinder, ouch, i guess you are either leaving it work or getting it towed home or to the shop eh!

Re: ABS Relay

Something close to that happened to me. But if I used both feet on the pedal, it stopped slowly. I was right near a Canadian Tire Store so I asked them to fix it. After an hour of testing, they could not figure it out, so no charge and sent me to the dealer. They tested and just started replacing parts until they changed the ABS relay on the pass side cowl. That fixed it and it wasn't too expensive. Try that first, LOL.

Jim,
Got one of those ABS relay(brown).If that's the one u need.I know there's a black and brown in there.Let me know.

Jim . I have a brand new one still in the unopened bag

brakes

it just happenened to me the same thing. and mine wasn't just the relay. hopefully yours is just the relay, or you are in for a world of hurt in the wallet. i have a good core master. there is a company in texas that will completly rebuild it with hydrolic motor and accumulator replaced .for only 404.bucks. thats in us dollars and not inc. shipping. but i hope its just the relay.

Re: Brake Parts needed

Well, I checked the fuses and they are OK. I bought a new relay for $17 and fought to get it in. I will try again tomorrow when I get more time. Does anyone know which of the 2 relays is the abs relay? Is it the one closest to the drivers side?

brakes

it's the brown one for the abs. and when you take it out it should say abs on it.

brakes

it's the brown one for the abs. and when you take it out it should say abs on it.

Re: brakes

Does anyone know the name or number for this company in Texas?

Re: brakes

Which one are u talking about?The accumulator?If it's the accumulator,Prioreman is the name @ 1 800 444 4821.

Attn: Loudbird

Do you know the name of the company in Texas? Miles, is that the priorman?

att loudbird

yo im here what ya gotta do is go to page 11 or maybe 12 and find a post that says dam brakes click on it and go down until you see a post that says try this all the info you want is there. i called them you should to .its a lot cheeper than the ford alternative

Re: Brake Parts needed

Thanks for the info. The link on that message was great. One thing is that my brake light comes on for 4 seconds when I start the car and then goes out like everything is fine. Hmmm

Tim Moore said:
Jim . I have a brand new one still in the unopened bag

Hi, I think I need one....I'm having trouble with my ABS and was going to order the relay and accumulator first to see if it fixes it.

I live in Burnaby. Where are you?

Give me a call, or send me your address and number and I'll call you.

Steve Gorrill
604 781-7878

Back