What kind of gas mileage are you guys getting

matt351

i am thinking of picking up a supercoupe for a daily driver. with gas prices the way they are i really need something decent on gas. the lightning is just killing me with this 8mpg crap, but it sure is fun. the car will be stock, i just need to know what kind of mileage your getting. oh, what do you get mileage wise while running the ac, just wondering if that makes a huge difference with these cars.

The A/C hasn't had much affect on my milage I would be more concerned about what I did with my right foot. That will affect your milage dramatically.

I'll have to agree!!! The biggest culpret for low gas mileage in an SC is the weight of the right foot of the driver :D :rolleyes: :cool: !!! I just calculated mine, and ended up getting almost 12 mpg. That isn't GOOD, but that's all city driving and I have a heavy right foot being a sophomore in high school :rolleyes: :D . I'm sure it's capable of more, I'm just too fasinated with the sound of the blower...lol!

I'm interested in what some people actually get on a regular basis not flooring every stoplight and stuff like I tend to do.

The original window sticker for my car says it should get between 14-17mpg. Here's my window sticker if anyone wants to see any other things, like the COST! Jeezzz....it's nice to be 16 and own a car that cost almost $28,000 at one time.

Nick

Attachments

• MySC-Windowsticker.jpg
    MySC-Windowsticker.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 364
What!!!! :eek: 23 mpg hwy?????? get outta town! At least you saved 1400 bucks in add ons :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I get approx. 22 MPG in the city. I drive medium aggressive. I just watched the odometer recently and on 16 gal. I went 350 miles. All city driving. Not to bad. Car is a 5-speed, 128,000 miles, and I never use A/C so I don't know about that. Although I will probably try it this summer just to see how much of a difference it makes.

on my 89 5 speed it seems to always get at least 20 no matter how i drive around town and i live in the hills ( anyone ever go up penn view mountain you know what im talkin about ) on a trip i get around 30 to 31 my auto seems worse but i dont run it much i think its around 25 on a trip and about 17 around town. in my opinion you cant beat my standard for power and economy,, what else rips and gets 20 mpg all the time or better, i hardley ever go over 3 grand i just put it in 4th or 5th and put around im close to 250 horse i dont need to rev it its a torque monster a couple pounds of boost will get you up any mountain like its level

Last edited:
the mileage on the 5 speeds sounds good, thats what i need to get i think. my lightning is plenty fast so i wont be running the car all that hard, thats what the truck is for.

I think I need a five speed then. I've been getting only 8-10 mpg. Cuz every time the tranny shifts it throws it into boost for a few seconds so I just go wth and romp on it some :)

5-speed is the only way to go. Especially since you already have an auto with the Lightning. Makes these cars so much more fun to drive. :D

In my 89 5 speed I usualy get 17 city with a heavy foot and highway averages from 23 to 28 depending on traffic and my mood.

-Steve

forcefed95sc said:
I get 420 mpg, with current mods done.

WOW!!!! I highly doubt that ;) That would mean you can go 7,560 miles on one tank of gas. Maybe 420 miles a tank :) :p lol Which is about 24mpg.

Don't worry, just correcting ya :). That would be scary if our cars, or any car for that matter, could go that far.

Nick

I got almost 29 mpg coming back to school a couple weeks ago, but was driving pretty relaxed for most of the trip. the $2.20 gas prices got me to slow down a bit... O, and I've never run the AC so I don't know about that kind of mileage... well, ran it once when i bought the car a little more then 2 years ago to see if it worked. I'm not sure what i get in the city, it's nothing impressive, but I think it's around 17- maybe 20 if i don't hit many lights and am really gentle.

wow, 420 miles to a tank of gas is awesome. i could only dream of getting that good of mileage. i guess im gonna have to buy a 5 speed, sounds like it would be fun and good on gas.

Back