Again, all I can say is WOW!

XR7Kurt

As in WOW that is the easiest and cheapest thing I have ever done to this car!
I paid $5 for the E-18 external torx socket and just tightened the K-member bolts from the bottom. The Wow can also be for how loose some of them were, one of them went a whole turn BEFORE it started torqueing.

I went to 100ftlbs, I'm thinking they should probably be higher but I wanted to get a torque spec first just to be safe. Anyone know it?

I was fairly certain that this was going to fix it, before I went and bought the socket this morning, because when I was measuring the torx head I could see clean metal around the bolt head were the grime had been scraped away. While I was out I took my buddy to pick up his car at the Chevy dealer so I picked up the bottle of supercharger fluid that was offered as a reward. Looks like Peter is the winner so you get me your address and I'll happily send it out as soon as I can, next week if not tomorrow. My email is kab33@yahoo.com

Now all I have to do is take it for an alignment tomorrow and It'll be on the road again.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Rick I will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

Kurt

lol ill pass on a suprcharger fluid bottle, i only have like 25k miles on the fluid..... but id gladly take some $ twords a power radio antenna for a 95 trans am :) lol

glad that fixed your problem..mine started making the noise after a shop did the motor mounts and they didnt tighten the bolts all the way.

Nice Kurt!

For anyone else that wants to see if theirs are loose, a 15mm 6 point socket works fine, to see if they need any tightening at least. Mine never even started to strip with that when I tried them, but then, they were all real tight to begin with and I didn't have to torque them to any extreme beyond that initial muscleing test.

but id gladly take some $ twords a power radio antenna for a 95 trans am lol
That's fine just give me your address and I'll mail the equivelant check out today. I'll use the fluid myself anyhow so it won't be wasted.

Kurt

Awsome Kurt It's not often we come across a problem so bothersome yet so cheaply dealt with..can't wait for pics so I can get mine done Thanks in advance.
Rick :D

here's some pics of the driver side.

Attachments

• kmember2.jpg
    kmember2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 124
  • kmember3.jpg
    kmember3.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 118
Where did you get the E-18 socket kurt???
I bought mine at autozone, it was the last one at the store here and it didn't look like they keep a lot of them on hand. I was glad they had one though.

Back