Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 247

Thread: someone should start a thread to debate the 2004 elections...oh I just did

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    385

    someone should start a thread to debate the 2004 elections...oh I just did

    First, for the record, when I was 20 I voted for Bill Clinton because MTV told me to and I was ignorant and naive. After watching tv news almost daily, listening to radio news and talk daily, and whatever else read, for ten years or so regularly now, I'm votin' for Bush for two reasons. 1. He's a good man. I trust him. He does and will do what is best for the country. 2. John Kerry is a fake and very bad man. I don't trust him as far as I could throw his gas-guzzling private super-jet liner or super-yacht. He would say screw the country and do what's best for him. Ok bush haters, let me have it! ;-). But seriously, other than military service, and he's not bush, give me one good reason I should vote for Kerry...yeah that's what I thought

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Washington PA
    Posts
    2,517
    Amen, I will be voting for Bush as well.

    Did you ever see the video of Kerry trying to act like a normal middle class guy eating a philly steak sandwhich when he was in Philly. He was holding it like it was the plague. It was funny as anything. Just last week he walked out on a meet and greet in florida at a back woods resteraunt because he found out the employees didn't have health insurance, so he just got up and left. Imagine how that would have looked for poor John, patronizing a resteraunt that has no health insurance for their employee's.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADSC
    Just last week he walked out on a meet and greet in florida at a back woods resteraunt because he found out the employees didn't have health insurance, so he just got up and left. Imagine how that would have looked for poor John, patronizing a resteraunt that has no health insurance for their employee's.
    Yeah right that was funny. Anybody looking for some info on either guy check out this link, in the search box enter Kerry or bush and press enter.
    http://newsmax.com/search/index.cfm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    6,924
    I cant stand Kerry, and will be voting for Bush this fall.

    Shane

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Milford, Michigan
    Posts
    1,398
    I vote for based upon a couple of issues. The candidate that gets my vote is Pro-life, and they support 2nd ammendment rights.
    After that, I can be swayed based upon other factors but I just won't vote for anyone pro abortion or pro gun control.

    So I guess I've got only one option and that's Bush.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    870
    The way I look at it Mickey Mouse has the same chance as Kerry. It comes down to do you like Bush or not, If you like him you vote for him, if not it is the OTHER guy.
    No one could possibly know were kerry stands to make a intelligent discussion to vote him in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Washington PA
    Posts
    2,517
    If you don't like Bush, you shouldn't vote for Kerry just because he is the only other person to vote for. If you don't want either person in office then don't vote. But never just go vote for someone because you don't like the other guy, especially if you don't know any of their stances on important issues.

    Sorry Gary but i had to disagree. Never vote for one guy just because you don't like the other.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADSC
    If you don't like Bush, you shouldn't vote for Kerry just because he is the only other person to vote for. If you don't want either person in office then don't vote. But never just go vote for someone because you don't like the other guy, especially if you don't know any of their stances on important issues.

    Sorry Gary but i had to disagree. Never vote for one guy just because you don't like the other.
    That is not what I was saying. I was saying Democrates will vote for democrates no matter what the choices our, in this case it is a very poor choice.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhnga
    was saying Democrates will vote for democrates no matter what the choices our, in this case it is a very poor choice.
    I'd add to that, in this and in almost all cases. But hey, I'm part of the vast right wing conspiracy I think...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    2,742
    Ok guys vote on my new Avatar...

  11. #11
    Geez guys. You don't really read up on ANYBODY, do you? You just believe what Bush's ads say and that's it. If you want to know John Kerry's stance on ANYTHING, go to www.johnkerry.com. He has his exact stance on EVERY relevant issue printed clearly in black and white. Or whatever color scheme he picked. If you believe Bush's ads, check www.factcheck.org. I don't think Bush has produced an ad that they haven't had to unf*ck. I'm not syaing John Kerry is an angel on that site, but he is MUCH cleaner (read: trustworthy) than Bush. Most of Kerry's goofs are facts taken out of context to make Bush look worse. Most of Bush's goofs are outright lies...and he keeps harping on them. Actually, according to a news release, Bush had to pull some of his ads because they were HURTING him.

    Here's some stuff to ponder...

    Abortion issue:
    It's is VERY possible to be pro-choice AND anti-abortion. I am. Kerry is. And being Pro-Choice is pro-small government. I thought conservatives liked that.

    Same-sex marriage:
    Kerry supports Bush's ORIGINAL perspective (which Bush later flip flopped hardconre on), and that is to leave it to the states.

    The War on Terror:
    Bush has no experience and thusly no success in the field of diplomacy. Kerry intends to reopen relations with nations Bush has alienated and take some of the burdon of Iraq off of American shoulders and share the burdon with EVERYONE who will benefit from the elimination of Saddam.

    The Economy:
    What's better? The tax-and-spend liberal conservatives accuse (without basis) Kerry of being, or a tax-CUT-and-spend irresponsible financier (and CEO of 3 failed oil companies in Texas) that Bush has proved himself to be? Kerry promises 10 million new jobs. Whether or not he will actually be able to deliver on that, Bush is still in the red as far as jobs go. Plus, history shows that centrist Democrats (ala Clinton and Kerry) are better with money and cause the economy to perform better than classical Republicans (Reagan, Bush I and Bush II). You see, not only did Clinton preside over the biggest national economic spike in the history of our country, he also did it, in the end, without a single penny in the deficit column.

    Gun control:
    Kerry, so far as I have read, thinks that things are fine as is. He even started up a new subdivision of his campaign effort called "Sportsmen for Kerry" which seems to be doing well. So don't expect anything to really change on the gun control front (I am majorly pro 2nd amendment).

    Staff:
    Bush's cabinet has only one reputable member...Colin Powell. And he has already stated that if the administration wins a 2nd term he will not return for it. Though Kerry has not picked a cabinet yet (nor a vice president) we have seen, especially in Abu Gharib, the trustworthiness of his cabinet...and of the president himself.

    Any other questions?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Washington PA
    Posts
    2,517
    Kerry must be the best, he votes for everything

    Do you know how many advanced military weapons we are using right now that Kerry has voted against? Or how about all of Kerry's votes for Gas tax hikes. Or his bright idea to bring prices down. "stop filling our reserves and put that gas into the market" Clinton tried this when he was in office and it didn't work, prices fell by one cent. Great plan. Oh yeah he also said he would tell Opec to lower the prices. LOL. What a trip.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    Geez guys. You don't really read up on ANYBODY, do you?
    did you say something about diplomacy? heh...anyway, sure I know plenty about kerry. Not that it makes me an expert, but he is my senator, him and good old ted kennedy, not sure which one is more crooked.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    You just believe what Bush's ads say and that's it. If you want to know John Kerry's stance on ANYTHING, go to www.johnkerry.com. He has his exact stance on
    -both sides of? ha I couldn't resist, I know that jab doesn't count except for a laugh-
    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    EVERY relevant issue printed clearly in black and white. Or whatever color scheme he picked. If you believe Bush's ads, check www.factcheck.org. I don't think Bush has produced an ad that they haven't had to unf*ck.
    I just saw a kerry ad yesterday that ended with something like, "and John Kerry cast the deciding vote on a law that created 20 million jobs". What? Why is his vote the deciding one over the other 99? I'm surprised they found one he voted on, he hasn't voted in how long since he's been campaiging for president? No really, tell me the last time he showed up to vote, I know he misses many if not all this year plus. Not to mention the ad didn't say what law it was that he created all those jobs with. The democrats are also always claiming to create jobs. Government doesn't create jobs, it can only block the creation of less jobs through smaller gov't. Any politician that says he created jobs is a liar. And for the record unless I'm mistaken, jobs have gone up in this country every month for several in a row now.

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    I'm not syaing John Kerry is an angel on that site, but he is MUCH cleaner (read: trustworthy) than Bush. Most of Kerry's goofs are facts taken out of context to make Bush look worse. Most of Bush's goofs are outright lies...and he keeps harping on them. Actually, according to a news release, Bush had to pull some of his ads because they were HURTING him.
    I call bs on all of that. Name one of his lies you are talking about. I'm not surprised you didn't name them here because they are unfounded accusations. Give me a specific lie. WMD? The dems say out of one side of their mouth that he acted wrong on bad intelligence service, then say he lied too. Get it right. Through the 90's the dems, the UN, and the world talked about sadaams WMD. Oh and did you happen to notice that a bomb in iraq yesterday was found with nerve gas in it and last week one with mustard gas? Lucky for our guys they malfunctioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC

    Here's some stuff to ponder...

    Abortion issue:
    It's is VERY possible to be pro-choice AND anti-abortion. I am. Kerry is. And being Pro-Choice is pro-small government. I thought conservatives liked that.
    Well that is valid. Conservatives don't all think the exact same though. Some are very religious, and some are very libertarian. Personally I think most of the pro-choicers are wacko's but I'm on the libertarian side. Don't forget about the liberty of the unborn babies though. That's a tough issue though.

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    Same-sex marriage:
    Kerry supports Bush's ORIGINAL perspective (which Bush later flip flopped hardconre on), and that is to leave it to the states.
    and their stances are/were? Whatever, I'm in massachusetts so I'm seeing this first hand. Yay for adam and steve. Too bad we MA citizens went through the legal channels to get the same sex marriage bill on the ballot and the dems stonewalled and didn't follow the law and refused to put it on the ballot. Then the renegade state supreme court decided to write their own law about it instead which is not their job. So now we have same sex marriage. Whatever that's a different issue though, who really cares when you think about the fact that we are in WORLD WAR III! I don't care about these issues when I hear John kerry saying he want's to do what the corrupt UN says instead of what our elected president needs to been done based on all the information that only he gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    The War on Terror:
    Bush has no experience and thusly no success in the field of diplomacy. Kerry intends to reopen relations with nations Bush has alienated and take some of the burdon of Iraq off of American shoulders and share the burdon with EVERYONE who will benefit from the elimination of Saddam.
    Um, if gore, clinton, or kerry were president instead of bush, saddam would still be in power. What is Kerry's experience, three months in vietnam or way too long as a corrupt gigilo senator?

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    The Economy:
    What's better? The tax-and-spend liberal conservatives accuse (without basis) Kerry of being, or a tax-CUT-and-spend irresponsible financier (and CEO of 3 failed oil companies in Texas) that Bush has proved himself to be? Kerry promises 10 million new jobs. Whether or not he will actually be able to deliver on that, Bush is still in the red as far as jobs go. Plus, history shows that centrist Democrats (ala Clinton and Kerry) are better with money and cause the economy to perform better than classical Republicans (Reagan, Bush I and Bush II). You see, not only did Clinton preside over the biggest national economic spike in the history of our country, he also did it, in the end, without a single penny in the deficit column.
    You can't honestly claim who is definitely responsible for the good and bad economies. For one, Considering 911, I never thought the economy would be as good as it is. For two, the crash started before bush II got in, and it's recovered nicely, and yes jobs have gone up, not down like you are claiming. Also while clinton was Pres., in 94 the republicans took over the legislative branch, and they wrote the budget not clinton. Also history proves over and over that cutting taxes increases gov't revenue because private entities have more to spend rather than the gov't wasting it like they are so good at. Many including me believe that the 90's boom happened in spite of anything clinton did not because of it. What about all the crooked companies that boomed in the 90's that he failed to prosecute too that came back to bite us like enron, global crossing etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    Gun control:
    Kerry, so far as I have read, thinks that things are fine as is. He even started up a new subdivision of his campaign effort called "Sportsmen for Kerry" which seems to be doing well. So don't expect anything to really change on the gun control front (I am majorly pro 2nd amendment).
    Sounds good, but I don't believe him. It is unarguably his party that wants to outlaw guns...that'll be great, then only outlaws will have guns, I can't wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by 92TBurnSC
    Staff:
    Bush's cabinet has only one reputable member...Colin Powell. And he has already stated that if the administration wins a 2nd term he will not return for it. Though Kerry has not picked a cabinet yet (nor a vice president) we have seen, especially in Abu Gharib, the trustworthiness of his cabinet...and of the president himself.

    Any other questions?
    Yeah, um do you know anything other than what CNN tells you about rumsfeld or cheney? Those are two of the smartest men in the country. Do a little research into what they have accomplished in their careers. Even most of the democrats are saying he should stay in charge of the military because nobody could come close to touching his amazing intellect. Oh I forgot he's stupid, cheney's stupid, bush is stupid even with his harvard MBA(oh yeah daddy bought it for him right?) Yeah his daddy that is supposedly such a whimp. Well his daddy was one of the highest decorated pilots in WWII, look it up. Seems to me that the New York Times or the Boston Globe or one of the tv networks have fed you some serious garbage my friend. I hope you and many like you change your mind, but I don't think it will matter, bush will win again, by much more this time.
    Last edited by Shooter_Jay; 05-17-2004 at 10:28 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    870
    You guys are funny.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhnga
    You guys are funny.
    Funny nothin', I'm bummed because I was about to go to bed when I had to respond to that novel!!!!!! :-D

Similar Threads

  1. Tax analogy.
    By Slysc in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 10:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •