crane cam energizer roller rockers

creeperxr7

i bought a set of roller rockers from crane cams... i still havent attempted to put them on i wanted to make sure their going to fit before i even start taking anything apart ... to rockers are that of a 1.7 ratio pedestalmount...for ford but the only thing that i see wouldnt fit are the bolts that hold down the rocker tried on a set of spare heads and didnt thread.... what size bolt do we have on our rocker folcrums? maybe i can just buy a set of bolts and make them work

I've heard that the 1.7's don't have the correct reach but I can't verify that. You will have to check the alignment of the roller tips to the top of the valves. The bolts are 8mm x 1.25 x 55mm long. Check a good bolt supply house.

(those rockers you have are for a 5.0)

The Energizer series rockers would be the die-cast 1.70 ratio pieces used as original equipment on 93 - 95 5.0L Cobra motors. I'm pretty sure those aren't the correct size of rockers to use on a 3.8, as Dave mentioned. You need the 351C style rockers.

cheers,
Ed N.

I know for a fact they won't work properly. I'd gotten a set in to check when I worked at the shop. They're too short.

If you're lucky, they'd just wipe out the valve guides in 5k miles.

If you're unlucky, they'll skip off the valve tip at high RPM and break a bunch a stuff. If they came loose, one of the following WILL break, rocker, valve, rocker bolt, pushrod or really unlucky.. rip the threads out of the head.

Buy the 1.73 rockers for the 351C/351M/400M/429/460. They're the correct reach and only need the metric bolt Dave posted above. I think I used 60mm bolts with no troubles but my Wolverine rockers have been discontinued for about 3 years now.

creeperxr7 said:
Thanks For The Tips Guys So Wich Ones Do Fit Our Cars .. Or What Other Fords Are Compatible

Like Steve already said "Buy the 1.73 rockers for the 351C/351M/400M/429/460". BTW, he is refering to pedistal mount, not adjustable stud mount.

David

Back