gears, gears, gears

ARV90SC

i know its a age old question but i got 90 SC (auto) and i just want an upgrade from the stock gears, so which is the next step up?

Attachments

• SCN7.jpg
    SCN7.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
gears

that sounds better, i knew there was at least 3:55, but didnt know if that was for a 5spd, but 3:31 seems to be the next step up then , thanks

hmm

hmmm, back to square one, the 3:73 scares me a lil haha, i dont want to lose my top end or gas mileage

ARV: what's your current gas mileage? Are you more a city driver or Highway driver?

City I get 18-20 mpg. Highway I get 22-23 mpg. As far as fuel efficiency, mine is stock with exception of gears being upgraded.

Aaron

esco90SC said:
ARV: what's your current gas mileage? Are you more a city driver or Highway driver?

City I get 18-20 mpg. Highway I get 22-23 mpg. As far as fuel efficiency, mine is stock with exception of gears being upgraded.

Aaron

well im up in canada so i go by km, and i check by the tank, so on a full tank i get 300-350 km per tank on the street, and 350-400 on the highway, but im more of a city driver but i easily do 80-100km on the streets without even knowing im speeding

Alright, I pulled out the old calculator and conversion charts.
City: 7.6-8.33 km/L
Highway: 9.3 -9.8 km/L

I normally fill up the tank everytime and record the miles driven and then figure out how much I just used mpg-wise. I've got a record going back to the car's first 100 miles. It did decrease a few mpg. But not enough for me to complain. :)

Aaron

esco90SC said:
Alright, I pulled out the old calculator and conversion charts.
City: 7.6-8.33 km/L
Highway: 9.3 -9.8 km/L

I normally fill up the tank everytime and record the miles driven and then figure out how much I just used mpg-wise. I've got a record going back to the car's first 100 miles. It did decrease a few mpg. But not enough for me to complain. :)

Aaron

dont forget, gas here is 1.00/LITER!!! for regular!!, so i think theres 4 liters in a gallon, so thats 4bucks a gallon for regular,

You are correct sir. It is 3.8 L to a gal. Coincidence???? lol
It sucks that gas is that expensive there. I can get a gallon of 93 octane for $1.95 US. Which is about $2.65 CD.

With everything else on this car. How much are you willing to spend to make it run how you want it to?

1fast: he wont feel the difference really. Shift points will be different though if its an automatic. And 0-60 will possibly improve time-wise. What he feels what change that much. You definitely feel the difference with 3.73's.

Aaron

as long as i get a lil difference its all worth it, i was either going to do the gears, or get a new torque converter, which one do u think is best?

my current mods consist of:
10%pulley
flowmaster exhuast with custom Y pipe
ported blower
ported heads
Mac CAI
70mm MAF

i was either going to do the gears, the converter, or a feul pump and injector upgrade, so let me know which would be a good step with my current mods

Love the trunk setup ya got. I looked through your album just now.

I've got no opinion on which of those you should get first with your current upgrade. I changed my gears out of necessity. My pumpkin got fried and cooked up nice last summer. I had a friend of the family working at one of the local delearship and all he does is rear-end work and exhaust stuff. So I went with a new 8.8" performance 3.73 that they now offer the GT's.
I think you will be able to notice the difference more from a gear upgrade. But the other options sound just as appealing to me. Maybe someone that has done those other things can ring in about the order you should get them.

Aaron

3.73 is the good for autos w/ the weight of these cars & lousy first gear. get the ford racing alumn rear for the 99-03 cobra comes w/ 3.73 gears. there is a 3.90 gear for the 8.8 also.

ARV90SC said:
dont forget, gas here is 1.00/LITER!!! for regular!!, so i think theres 4 liters in a gallon, so thats 4bucks a gallon for regular,

Sure hope you're not putting regular in an SC :(

Back