Newbie Here!

dagwood

Hello! I thought I'd check you guys out, I am picking up an '89 SC Saturday to use as my daily driver. (Trying to keep miles off my Camaro SS) It has either a blown head gasket or intake gasket so I'm sure I'll be in the technical forums alot. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting it on the road! I'll keep the progress of the project posted! I've always thought the SC's were pretty cool rides. :D

welcome man, the names Keith, i went through my engine just recently, and there are many competent people in these forums, so feel free to shoot us some questions, but if you do narrow it down to an intake gasket, i would reccomend you take the heads off and put some new head gaskets on there anyways, they are a common thing to go, if you liek going fast. Good luck though. got any questions run em by...

dagwood said:
Hello! I thought I'd check you guys out, I am picking up an '89 SC Saturday to use as my daily driver. (Trying to keep miles off my Camaro SS) It has either a blown head gasket or intake gasket so I'm sure I'll be in the technical forums alot. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting it on the road! I'll keep the progress of the project posted! I've always thought the SC's were pretty cool rides. :D

dagwood,
Hello from Cedar Rapids ........

Our Club locally (SC of Iowa) has some sharp guys that know there way around the SC's. We'd be glad to provide any assistance you might need too.

You can contact most of us through the Iowa Site through the link in my sig!

Please feel free to come out and have some fun with us too .........

hey mike,
whens the next sc meet for racing over at tri-state??? got my car running somewhat well for right now, need tires and some other things, and so is marks, he blew up his engine and we got that thing done a few weeks ago so we are both running fresh powerplants, and were looking to go dragging here, we might do a test and tune at a track bout 1 1/2 hours from here, but we would def like to meet up with the iowa gang again.

aplvlydrtybird said:
hey mike,
whens the next sc meet for racing over at tri-state??? .......... were looking to go dragging here, we might do a test and tune at a track bout 1 1/2 hours from here, but we would def like to meet up with the iowa gang again.

Saturday June 5th

We were counting on you guys coming!!!! My 91 is running too.

awesome...yea i will have to talk to mark and get back ahold of you for that, im not sure how healthy my car is at the moment just need to play with some stuff, but i'd at least like to get her going down the track to see what numbers she puts out before she gets tuned. but i will give mark a hollar and get back to you on that asap. and you said june 5th...now is that a test and tune day and/or is that a gtp club clash???

aplvlydrtybird said:
awesome...yea i will have to talk to mark and get back ahold of you for that, im not sure how healthy my car is at the moment just need to play with some stuff, but i'd at least like to get her going down the track to see what numbers she puts out before she gets tuned. but i will give mark a hollar and get back to you on that asap. and you said june 5th...now is that a test and tune day and/or is that a gtp club clash???

Saturday June 5th is the clash date ...... we moved it to Saturday so we could stay at TriState ..... The fall race is also going ot be a Saturday race. That will give you guys more time to get home too. ;)

Back