Newbie Here!

dagwood

Hello! I thought I'd check you guys out, I am picking up an '89 SC Saturday to use as my daily driver. (Trying to keep miles off my Camaro SS) It has either a blown head gasket or intake gasket so I'm sure I'll be in the technical forums alot. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting it on the road! I'll keep the progress of the project posted! I've always thought the SC's were pretty cool rides. :D

Last edited:
::becomes rabid:: Are you liberal or conservative?!?!?

Just kidding. I'm in a weird mood, don't mind me. However, allow me to be the first to welcome you to the world of the Super Coupe and the outstanding community we have here in the SCCoA to support them and the schmucks that drive them. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. I never really thought of buying anything with less than 8 cylinders when I got mine...and am quite glad I changed my mind.

May yours bring you the enjoyment ours has brought us. And hopefully a few less headaches. :cool:

Thanks for the welcome!

I got the car home today (actually at a friends shop) and the engine is tore down already. It has a blown head gasket for sure, and the blower makes some noise. Hopefully within a couple weeks she'll be on the road! I guess the only other things I need are a radio and a front bumper cover (mine has a tear). Everything else seems to work great!

Darin :cool:

my 89 is awesome i love it i ran 314 miles today on 10.8 gallons running a LOT OF 75+ INTERSTATE my friend said how nice it cruises around 29 mpg hiway and 20 around town and i always rip on it

Last edited:
Back