Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pros an cons Gunk engine flush in 5min

That is the valley of my 302 bird, that was at 125k miles, I did run MMO in there b4 I replaced the intake.

Putting an engine degreaser in there makes me pretty nervous, to say the least.

I pulled the heads off also. It took us about 12hours to clean all the crap out of the valley, clean up the rockers, lifters, keepers, valve springs...

There where some very large chunks, I am glad I did not run diesel thru there like everything told me.

I have been told that kind of build up comes from: not changing oil on a reg basis, oil over heating, short tripping the car, driving around town, doing no highway driving.-I run it in the highways all the time, I run valvoline, and change oil every 1500-2000...

I read somewhere, that, some shops can flush your block out, which, I guess, is what I would do, especaiily seeing the crud build up on my 5.0

I don't think I would like to do a power flush through my engine. I'd be conscerned that the high pressure could force things to block passages that wouldn't otherwise be able to get there.

Oil crud is caused by combustion gasses mixing with the oil and creating deposits. These deposits are held in suspension with the oil and either filtered or comes out when you change the oil. But if you wait too long, they will build-up in the engine.

Such build up is a major problem in newer engine designs. Partially due to the small passages they are machining into the block.

That's really bad. Mine was clean with 166k (I'm assuming my engine was never replaced) http://www.fivaxis.com/set3/engine3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sc0tty8
    That is the valley of my 302 bird, that was at 125k miles, I did run MMO in there b4 I replaced the intake.

Putting an engine degreaser in there makes me pretty nervous, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by fivaxis
    That's really bad. Mine was clean with 166k (I'm assuming my engine was never replaced) http://www.fivaxis.com/set3/engine3.jpg

Your lucky then.

After seeing the valley of my 302, I have been a bit leary of cars I see for sale and am leary about them so called engine flushing products. I posted a thread on the corral about my valley, and they said that the motor will pry be going out soon, oil passages are pry plugged

Well I really apreciate everyones advice I'm going to have to do some serious thinking on this one I'll Keep ya'll updated. Thanks again.

:)

If you work requires sitting all the day, such a way of life can lead to harmful consequences, for instance, pain in back or muscle induration, follow this source to find out how to prevent health aggravation http://skywritingservice.com/blog/wh...armful-for-you