Need help ASAP...... Problem with starter......

E

EdmontonSuperCoupe

Need help ASAP...... Problem with starter......

Now the other day i went to start my car and its doing something really f**ked up..... When i start it the starter keeps on going..... If i turn off the car, no matter where i turn the key the starter keeps on cranking the engine. The only way i can stop the starter from cranking is to dissconnect and then reconnect the battery.. Now i tried changing the starter relay under the hood and it didn't work.... Now the next option is to change the starter but is there something else that it can be that i can check, cuz i really don't want to spend $200 on a new starter and find out that it wasn't the problem

Re: Need help ASAP...... Problem with starter......

Bill had this exact problem, and i cannot remember what he did to fix it, but i know it involved a hammer, lol, when he gets back from the queen charllette island he will post and tell you what he did.

Well if there is anyone that would be able to help me by Tuesday that would be great....... I've already ordered the starter and thats when it comes in...... I need to get my car working asap......

I ended up changing the "diode supressor", small piece mounted to the the side wall, just behind the battery and fuse panel, has a roundness to it, its a fairly cheap part, and much cheaper then the starter. Check that before u get the starter.

Mine got stuck so bad once, I had nothing to disconeect the battery, so it ran until it killed the battery entirely!

Re:

do you have a remote car starter! if you do, there is a chance that the programing has been changed and you have to redo it, I know this because what you are discribing is what happened to my own car!

If you don't have a remote car starter/alarm then I am sorry - F.O.R.D syndrom has struck once again!

Ray

Re: Re:

I changed the little relay right by the battery under the hood and it didn't work..... And I don't have a car starter......

then all i can think it would be is the starter, sorry dude

That's ok.... Just wanted to make sure I wasn't putting in a starter for nothing..... Thanks guys for all your help.... Hopefully I will have my car back on the road soon.,......

Well, Ford starters these days have two `stater' relays so to speak...

the one on the fender, and on on the starter, which is more for Moving out the bendix<?> thingy and apply the battery voltage when it's extended.. So it could be that part that's sticking on...

Back