Thread: Whats that Noise??

Whats that Noise??

At a idle speed that last greater than 30 seconds I get a strange noise from the induction side through the air filter. It is almost like air going across a coke bottle opening. It instantly goes away when the engine rpm changes. What can this be? Can I get rid of it?
    Induction has SPC 3.5" cold air kit, 76mm MAF, 85mm MP TB, MP inlet plenum.

Thanks,
    Mike Tuck
    89 Cougar XR7

well its ur IAC valve going bad, if ur car is an automatic i suggest replace it soon because it will cause ur car to idle like around 1500 in gear and burn up ur transmission. if you are interested i have a good used one for sale.

$10.00 plus $4.00 shipping.

sounds like a clamp or seal on your cold intake ..my air box made that noise .. when I broke the tabs off the air box... trying to squeeze a K&N airfilter in it....dave

darkstar_one .. don't think you want to give one of those up... for 10 bucks ...I payed like a 150 CND for a new one ..and lost it on the sales man when there was no gasket included..

[QUOTE=MercsSC]sounds like a clamp or seal on your cold intake ..my air box made that noise .. when I broke the tabs off the air box... trying to squeeze a K&N airfilter in it....dave

I looked at the clamps and they all seem to be in good shape. I have a extra IAC and will give it a shot after I return from Carlisle. Thanks for the help!

Super XR7