Just got a 1987 SC

Mike6961

Hi, i am new to the fourm, and i just picked up a 87 SC. I got it hella cheap!! :D only 300 bucks!

Well anyway, i just wanted to ask a questions

I plan on hooking the car up, i wanted to know what the engine can handle. as far as psi i know it hits 10, but i want to know how much can i pump it up to safely on a stock car, And i wanted to know how much the cars weights, that would also be helpful! any other advice would be awesome too!

P.S. Im loving this car, I drive a 92 Mitz eclipse, and ***** the SC is so much more fun to drive.

Not sure if you realize this or not, but the SC started in '89. There was a Turbo Coupe in '87, but not a SC. Make sure you've got the right car, otherwise some folks around here may give you a pretty rough time.

007_SuperCoupe said:
Not sure if you realize this or not, but the SC started in '89. There was a Turbo Coupe in '87, but not a SC. Make sure you've got the right car, otherwise some folks around here may give you a pretty rough time.

OOPS.. im sorry i ment turbo coupe... is there a big difference in them.. im a new sorry hehe

Yeah, check out TCCoA. This site is pretty much just for the '89-'95 Supercoupes ('89-'90 Cougar XR7 too). Some people here are knowledgable about turbos, but completely different than a supercharger...

Back