cut off switch for fuel pump

Thomas95SC

I was thinking about hooking up a toggle switch under my dash that would allow me to cut off the fuel pump when it is parked. I mean, at least they wouldnt be able to take off with my car if someone tried to steal it. Does anyone have anything like this set up in their cars?

no but i've seen it done on cars before.i believe their is a wire in ignition switch when you turn key that powers pump.put switch there or i know on mustang foxbodies there is a inline like circuit breaker under front seat.if ours cars have it you could do it there.or come off the pump cut off switch in trunk

Yes when I took my SC to the airport I would get my bags out of the trunk and smack the inertia switch, opening the fuel pump circuit.

Jeff

Of course that was before the alarm.

Yeah, there was once a thread on splicing one of the wires that goes to the inertia and putting a switch in the circuit. But there was also a need for a fuse to be wired into it, I forgot the amps for which the fuse needed to be rated.

There is no need for a fuse the system, it is already fused. If you are talking about the signal wire for the relay (that you would use for the fuel cutoff) it would need to be no larger than 1 amp.

Jeff

Back