New "Most Powerful" List Rules

Like I say

"Leave it alone"
The dam thing should be qiuckest & fastest 3.8 with M-90 no Nitrous or whipple or turbos.it gives the true 3.8 M-90 Super Coupe man or woman a chance to get to the top tell me how in hell can they challenging Nitrous cars I will tell you I got there without it and dam sure will get them Nitrous car in the long run.

leave it alone its turning into crappy anything goes as long as you have a SC body what fun is that? well $$$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars latter if you got it another thing why you got an SC? you forgot 3.8V6 M-90 lets move on get off this whipple turbo stuff.

I am not knocking XR7 Dave of Turbo Guys there good at there modifications and have proved it the club was great 6 years ago now its like any other car deal ohhhhhhhh Hemi SC whats next?

Last edited:
I feel bad for George...

The guy tries his best to please as many people as possible, as much of the time as possible. In this case, it's mission impossible!

...Good thing George has the patience to take this sort of thing in stride. :D

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, so long as our charter involves preserving and/or enhancing the '89 to '95 SC and '89 and '90 XR7, I don't care what engine takes up residence under the hood (so long as it's still a Ford motor). If it was originally titled as an SC or XR7 of the vintage I just specified, it should qualify for one list. I don't care if it's a 460 ci V8, or a twin turbo-charged 4.2L V6, or even a DOHC 3.0L Duratec-based motor.

As George indicated earlier, it is possible to eventually have the list set up such that you could filter for different categories of modifications. This way, those people who only wanted to compare against stock-type SC's could do so easily, while the same general database could be used for someone else to filter out the most powerful SC or XR7 PERIOD! ...With no limitations on modifications.

I'm sure we'd all love to see someone take an SC or XR7 into the 10s range or even below. Will we really look down on the person who first accomplishes that if they were running a Whipple at the time, or a big-block V8?! ...Not likely. I'm guessing I could hear the cheering from my house, even if the pass is run on a track in New Mexico!!! :D

But that's just my opinion. In the end, I'm sure George and Duffy and all the powers that be around here will come up with a good decision, that will at least make the majority here happy.

Cheers,

Sean

I knew that he had good taste!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
"Leave it alone"
The dam thing should be qiuckest & fastest 3.8 with M-90 no Nitrous or whipple or turbos.it gives the true 3.8 M-90 Super Coupe man or woman a chance to get to the top tell me how in hell can they challenging Nitrous cars I will tell you I got there without it and dam sure will get them Nitrous car in the long run.

leave it alone its turning into crappy anything goes as long as you have a SC body what fun is that? well $$$$$$$$$$$$$ dollars latter if you got it another thing why you got an SC? you forgot 3.8V6 M-90 lets move on get off this whipple turbo stuff.

I am not knocking XR7 Dave of Turbo Guys there good at there modifications and have proved it the club was great 6 years ago now its like any other car deal ohhhhhhhh Hemi SC whats next?
:eek: :eek: I have go with jim on this..................but adjust the classes per mods one for all the basic sc,s mod,s using the base ome,s ....... :confused: :confused: others using whipple, nox, etc..........it would then give a truer understanding of what can be done with ome mod,s .... :mad: :mad: and other non ome mods :D

whipple shnipple put a damn 8/71 on it . pumps more air and put a v10 in it its faster why hold your self back . its like new plugs better is better.

so a v10 twin turbo fed into a 8/71 8,00000hp n/20 setup its all fair,

and why not put it in a 1,000 lbs carbone fibre replicar . its better aint it.

mannysc said:
whipple shnipple put a damn 8/71 on it . pumps more air and put a v10 in it its faster why hold your self back . its like new plugs better is better.

so a v10 twin turbo fed into a 8/71 8,00000hp n/20 setup its all fair,

and why not put it in a 1,000 lbs carbone fibre replicar . its better aint it.

DAMN!!!

More and more, I like this Manny guy!

So, umm, Manny, you're going to have all that done in time for the Shootout at Norwalk in October, right?! I can't wait to see it.

The only part of what you said that I don't agree with is the 'carbone fibre replicar'. I'm not quite sure, but I'm guessing that 'carbone' fibre is something special that comes only from Italy, and well, that would just be a little over the line. Like I said in my post above, if the car was originally titled as an SC, then it should be allowed.

I got a woody thinkin' about the big V10 with an 871 bolted down to it, running 800,000 hp on the juice!!! :D

That would be one SC that could haul @$$!!!

Cheers,

Sean

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
"Leave it alone"

First off Jim this is a Most powerful list we our talking about! You know the one that you do not partipate in for what ever reason. This list is for the innovators of our community, not for people who wish not to disclose information to help other members. You our converting your car to alchohol, but you stand firm on these rules :rolleyes:

What!!!!!!!!!!!

kuhnga said:
First off Jim this is a Most powerful list we our talking about! You know the one that you do not partipate in for what ever reason. This list is for the innovators of our community, not for people who wish not to disclose information to help other members. You our converting your car to alchohol, but you stand firm on these rules :rolleyes:
:eek: :eek: say it isn,t so...................... :confused: :confused: JIM is not not playing FAIR :( :( who can you " trust"?????????????????? :mad: :mad:

The dam thing should be qiuckest & fastest 3.8 with M-90 no Nitrous or whipple or turbos.

Why...Because that's how your car is built ?

it gives the true 3.8 M-90 Super Coupe man or woman a chance to get to the top tell me how in hell can they challenging Nitrous cars I will tell you I got there without it and dam sure will get them Nitrous car in the long run.

A $3000 custom made M-90 with a cog drive isn't anything that most true 3.8 M-90 Supercoupe man or woman is going to have either. Anyhow..Bring it on Jim. If you catch me I'll just do something else to beat you again.

If your complaining about a little nitrous, I can't wait to hear what you say about an 800 rwhp turbo SC.

David

David Neibert said:
Why...Because that's how your car is built ?

A $3000 custom made M-90 with a cog drive isn't anything that most true 3.8 M-90 Supercoupe man or woman is going to have either. Anyhow..Bring it on Jim. If you catch me I'll just do something else to beat you again.

If your complaining about a little nitrous, I can't wait to hear what you say about an 800 rwhp turbo SC.

David

David- I guess it time for our Dale Carnegie classes again.

kuhnga said:
David- I guess it time for our Dale Carnegie classes again.

Gary,

I don't think that's going to help. All I remember from the last time is.

"I like my Customer...I like my Customer...I like my Customer... and the always comforting... "I'm a tree, I can Bend...I'm a tree, I can Bend".

Then again that may have been one of those seminars about how to deal with unpleasant people.

David

David Neibert said:
Gary,

I don't think that's going to help. All I remember from the last time is.

"I like my Customer...I like my Customer...I like my Customer... and the always comforting... "I'm a tree, I can Bend...I'm a tree, I can Bend".

Then again that may have been one of those seminars about how to deal with unpleasant people.

David

You have had those classes too. That is funny :p

David & Gary

Dont talk to much.
It took both you (NITROUS) to get into the 11's not me little old 3.8 M-90 on racing gas 11.911et with slipping trans.and FACT will get you both in the long run on Racing fuel no Alochol or Nitrous or Whipple just driving with 3.8V6 M-90 power with good trans to hold the power.

So hold on to your hair pice guys "Silver Bullet" comback tour Army of One brining it home but good luck with the whipple V8's you will need the extra power not me just (RAW 3.8V6 Power) P.S there will be SCCoA members to check ther car fuel before each racord run ;)

I am a tree and I can bend.

Jim,

You are right, you have proven you are the fastest car out there and we all envy you for that. I cannot tell you all the nights you kept me up wondering how to match your talant level. I am such a failure and must destory my car at this time. Thanks for all the wonderfull things you have taught us through the years.

Gary

PS when ever the Silver bullet is ready to race the Red Wiennee let me know.

Heck...

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!

God, I love the little things that get us all bunched up!!!!

One thing is for sure and that is we ALL LOVE OUR CARS!!!!

I think a group of the fastest and slowest should be able to talk and make the rules for the list and stick to them. Times are changing and we MUST change with them.

Advancements like this in NASCAR and development of different statagies have helped the automobile into what it is today.

Let's remember that.

Don

lube70 said:
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!

God, I love the little things that get us all bunched up!!!!

One thing is for sure and that is we ALL LOVE OUR CARS!!!!

I think a group of the fastest and slowest should be able to talk and make the rules for the list and stick to them. Times are changing and we MUST change with them.

Advancements like this in NASCAR and development of different statagies have helped the automobile into what it is today.

Let's remember that.

Don

Don,

I agree 110%.

David

just my little old 3.8, sort of stock.........

This is the statement that was just made, now lets look at it with a finer looking glass...........

Blower, one of two ever made, custom design and can not talk about it...........

Intake modded to change everything, no pic's either........ Now, how many other parts are "one off" to help out this ride?????

Now before you get out of shape here, hear me out.....This is just some of the examples of how the rules are being bent to fit.....

There are stroker's out there as well...Will any of those guys really admit it without a complete tear down........NO.

This is why some of these list things just won't work.... I know of a few cars that are NOT 3.8's but will their owners admit to it........NO..
Just some more food for the table.........Rich

I need one of those classes....Just had my 6 month review got a 9% raise but was really expecting a promotion..Bastards!

What list are you all talking about.Never seen it before. :confused: :rolleyes:

I have always thought the fastest were at the track during national SC/XR7 events doing heads up passes,while bending the trees.

Not compairing photoshoped dyno-sheets and time slips :eek:

RANDY

Last edited:
Back