Engine Mount Replacement

JROD

Being that I have neither the time nor the patience to replace my own engine mounts, does anybody know roughly how many hours and/or $ it would cost to get them replaced? (This is on a 94 SC) I know the parts cost, I would just like an estimate of labor hours/costs. Thanks.

I have heard of Ford dealers doing this for as low as $320.00, and independent shops going as high as $800.00. Unfortunately I can not remember precisely how long the dealer usually takes, but I think it was from 3 to 6 hours?

Are the parts you have prices on the stock units, or aftermarket solid units such as those from MN12performance.com? Just curious.

Hope that helps

i got a quote from a merc dealer and they wanted $400 each side!! :eek: :eek: i did them with a fellow sc guy and it took us about 8 hrs to do. it's not hard, it's time consuming. it's also a great way to get familiar with your engine. for one, i wouldn't trust a shop to work on my car because many of them have never worked on an SC before. for two, they charge too much.

jrod i can save you money if you want to drive to hampton and it will be done at a ford dealership.let me know and i'll get in contact with my buddy and see what he will charge you.it would have to be on a weekend cuz it's on the side work.i forgot what he charged me.let me know

JROD said:
Being that I have neither the time nor the patience to replace my own engine mounts, does anybody know roughly how many hours and/or $ it would cost to get them replaced? (This is on a 94 SC) I know the parts cost, I would just like an estimate of labor hours/costs. Thanks.

JROD,

Bought my mounts from MN12 and took them to the local Ford Dealer. They charge 3 hrs labor...$195.00 + tax. They drop the sub-frame to change them instead of removing engine parts.

Mack

Engine Mount Replacement Procedure?

Hi,

I don't see a documented one here anywhere.
Is there one in exhistence for a car with the motor in it?
The job would be performed with the motor installed, and jacked-up.
Any help or suggestions?
Thanks!

paul:)

I got a price about 2 days ago for $150 each
they wanted $400 to swap out my tranny with the one I have too... i didn tthink that was too bad eithe rbut im just gonna let my friends help me insted.. they are cheaper = ) ... but im letting them do my mounts

Miller said:
I got a price about 2 days ago for $150 each
they wanted $400 to swap out my tranny with the one I have too... i didn tthink that was too bad eithe rbut im just gonna let my friends help me insted.. they are cheaper = ) ... but im letting them do my mounts
Hmmm... I could probably swap a tranny faster than I could my motor mounts!

mmmm its an old thread but not sooooo old so Im bringin it back anyways

I have my tranny out of the car right now ( waaay easier then I ever thought it would have been.. ) ... Should I put the tranny back in befor or after I do the motor mounts ? would the extra room of the missing tranny make the job that much easier or would it just be harder and riskier with the can on jackstands and the motor just kinda hangin out on a jack...?

I've done it with and without the transmission. Neither were overly pleasurable to do, but I suppose it never hurts to have less parts on the car when you're working on it. Just do one side at a time and use a 2x4 under the oil pan (I know others will b!tch but I've done it several times without problems). Also keep a close eye on the cowl molding at the bottom of the windshield. I just loosened mine up without removing it and kept an eye on it as I jacked the engine up.

Kevin Varnes said:
I've done it with and without the transmission. Neither were overly pleasurable to do, but I suppose it never hurts to have less parts on the car when you're working on it. Just do one side at a time and use a 2x4 under the oil pan (I know others will b!tch but I've done it several times without problems). Also keep a close eye on the cowl molding at the bottom of the windshield. I just loosened mine up without removing it and kept an eye on it as I jacked the engine up.

Ya! Unless its already cracked into three pieces because the brake M/C was in and out of the car multiple times in its life due to repeated failure!:mad: It was clear when I removed it for the last time (i converted) that it (the cowling on D/S) needs to be very loose at least, if not removed altogether when taking out the M/C.
I have solid engine tranny mounts/bushings all ready to go gonna do it during HG work.... Should be easy with no topside on motor!
paul

Back