Questions about 1990 35th anniversary edition

goflamesgo

Hi, I' am not too familiar with Ford TBirds, but I have an opportunity to buy a 1990 Ford Tbird Supercoupe 35h Anniversary. The car has 120000 km (which would be 70000 miles) on it. The entire car is in mint condition, and it is all original parts other than an upgraded stereo system. It's got a 5spd Standard transmission, the interior is mint, no rips on the seat or anything, and from the test drive the engine seems in good condition, but I would get it checked out by a mechanic before buying it.

But anyways, the guys wants 8 grand for it (canadian dollars, so that would be about 10 grand american). Could you experts tell me if I am getting a good deal on this car, or if the guy is ripping me off? The guy keeps telling me that this car is one that you will see in the auctions going for 30 grand in 20 years. He said only 147 ever made in a standard as well. Can somebody verify this?

Thanks in advance,

goflames

Well, I got a bridge for ya...

The guy is snowing you. The Anny edition is just that, an anny edition. Just a color coded car that had the badging and interior. The manuals were made (quite a few actually of the 3350 produced). I would like to think that these cars will get high dollars at an action block some day, and it better have like 10,000 miles on it or no high price.

So, for 10,000, find another SC and drive it.

I paid 6,500 for mine (95 speed) and there is only 574 made of those.

So.....

Don

I got ripped and I payed $6500 for my 92. I'd tell the guy to drop it down AT LEAST 3 grand.. then go from there.

Sorry guys, I don't know what I was thinking. I did my calculations backwards. 8000 dollars canadian is only $6000 dollars american. Sound better now? ;)

Bull. Awesome deal if the car is in good condition. they did make only 147 of the 5spd. I have an auto but would love a five speed in the 35th but couldnt pass up my sc.

well now 6 grand is pretty good, 'specially for a mint 35th anny... just make sure it's an actual anny edition.

goflamesgo said:
Hi, I' am not too familiar with Ford TBirds, but I have an opportunity to buy a 1990 Ford Tbird Supercoupe 35h Anniversary. The car has 120000 km (which would be 70000 miles) on it. The entire car is in mint condition, and it is all original parts other than an upgraded stereo system. It's got a 5spd Standard transmission, the interior is mint, no rips on the seat or anything, and from the test drive the engine seems in good condition, but I would get it checked out by a mechanic before buying it.

But anyways, the guys wants 8 grand for it (canadian dollars, so that would be about 10 grand american). Could you experts tell me if I am getting a good deal on this car, or if the guy is ripping me off? The guy keeps telling me that this car is one that you will see in the auctions going for 30 grand in 20 years. He said only 147 ever made in a standard as well. Can somebody verify this?

Thanks in advance,

goflames

if it were 8 grand CDN.....woudnl't it be like....6 grand USD? :confused:

I've always wondered.... where does the number 147 come from? I've heard it tossed around a few times and just wondered where it originated from since its not on the main site under production numbers. I own a 5spd 35th myself and i think its really cool that only 147 were made (if thats is the case). I guess i was just wondering where the info came from. thanks! :eek:

I don't recall the first place I saw that number posted, but I have never seen it actually verified anywhere. The 35th Anniversary was just an option package, so if the 5-speed tranny percentage of all SCs holds for the Anniversary (about 28%) the nunber of 5-speed Anniversary cars would be closer 940 out of the 3,371. This is probably a much more realistic number. Maybe one day we can somehow get the actual numbers (if they still exist) from Ford!

?

I am not sure what the value would be. I guess it depends upon what one is willing to pay. Along the same lines- I have a 1990 35th anny with 12,005 original miles. And I am offering it for sale. I had the same troubles finding a price to set the car for sale. ( IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA OF THE PRICE TO OFFER UP THIS CAR I WOULD APPRECIATE IT ) .. I heard the car sold for around $25,ooo.oo "new" when offered to the public in 1990, but I am not sure if this is accurate. ( Does anyone know what these cars sold for new in 1990.?.) My car has been garaged and is in near mint condition. It won 1st place in Carlisle when the previous owner entered the car. I bought the car to use as a daily driver, but then I was told about the history of the vehicle and I decided to garage the car. I am selling because I don't know how many are still out there with relatively low mileage, and it would be a great collector car or a daily driver.. I put my Super Coupe on the board for $15,5oo.oo. Does anyone know if this sounds like a reasonable price ?

Mark
openroads4@epix.net

Have Fun !

hey!!

First off, you probably didn't notice because you are new but the thread you just responded to is from 2 years ago.

2nd thing though, I have seen a 1990 non-anniversary thunderbird sc that had 7 miles on it, get up over $20,000 on ebay. This car still had the window sticker and everything. Owner wouldn't sell for that much still.

I would say if you still had the original cover and all the extras like the suade cleaner, etc. that those cars came with, $15,000 might not be far off.

I wouldn't take less then $12,000 for sure

There are two sweeeeet Anny birds on Ebay right now, one with 8K miles and one with just over 3K miles. one has the window sticker in it. Awesome cars. Beats my 400 dollar one all to pieces. :)

tbird answer

that car will never be worth 10g's in this lifetime-they are rare but for some reason this era does not look at them as collectibles. there's one on ebay now for 10g's and is mint, no bites.

Back