Any Interest in A GP On The Kenny Brown STB's?

Jeff Bratton

I Made a Call to Jim Hill @ Kenny Brown's in an interest to Getting a GP going on the Strut Tower Braces for the 89-95 Supercoupes, & 89-90 Cougar XR7's. They currently have stopped production on these due to the lack of sales.

Mr. Hill informed me that Kenny Brown would be more than be happy to start up production on these great pieces if we can round up 15 to 20 people with pre paid orders. They are, I believe before priced at around $149, but he did mention that they were $120 Wholesale.... so we may be able to get them for somewhere in between if we can meet or beat the target of 15 to 20 people. Would be nice... EH?

The website is: www.kennybrown.com and Mr. Hill's contact number is: 1-317-247-5320 Ext. 223. He was very Thankful in my response to these STB's and very helpful and actually has known Kenny Brown for a longtime but Mr. Hill has actually only been at Kenny Brown's for a month now.

Please spread the news to all your SuperCoupe/Cougar XR7 buddies about this great opportunity and jump on the band wagon with us.

If you can respond on this thread of your interest, so that I can tally a list of interested folks and as well please contact Mr. Jim Hill himself at the above phone number of your interest and payment options.

Sorry for the lenghty thread here but I'm kind of excited about getting this started and did not want to leave anything out, but probably did anyways. :)

If you have any further questions please give me an email or please by all means give Mr. Jim Hill a call. :) :D

Thanks All!!

Jeff B.

KB group buy

Just a note...we tried a group buy through Tccoa and KB wouldn't honor the group purchace, hopefully you'll have better luck! :)

White Lightning said:
Jeff, count me in, Frank H.aka White Lightning.
Well, We have 18 more people that we need now.

IdoXLr8- Like I mentioned in my 1st post I personally talked to Jim Hill, he was the one that mentioned to me that we would need 15 to 20 people in order for them to start up production on them again. There were the only company to make these for ours cars. Yes, there were a few individuals making them, but don't want to make them in large quantity's, cause it's a large chore for some-one to tackle.

There is no time frame on this but I want to encourage everyone to get on this sooner the better. He (Mr. Hill) did mention to me that steel is getting higher in price and may cause the production of these STB's to rise higher in price if we wait to long. I can understand where Mr. Hill is coming from, cause I work for a Steel Company, which supplies steel coils for the FORD MOTOR stamping plant here in Louisville.

So let get this GP up and running guys!

Thanks

Jeff B.

Need 5 more......Just 5 more !!

Once we get the required amount of people then I will call Jim Hill @ KB's and will let him know where we are at on this, as far as the amount of people we have for these STB's. Keep them coming guys!!

1. Jeff Bratton
2. White lightning
3. SteveSilverSC
4. Melon
5. Thomas Carroll
6. Douglas Walker
7. Joshbea6
8. John Somers
9. 92bird
10 xr7rocket

Edit: At the moment I'm taking orders for just the SuperCoupes.
For those who want them for the 4.6L, call them directly... I beleive they may still have some Thunderbird parts Available.

Thanks All!

Jeff B.

Last edited:
Hey man - count me in as long as they will fit around a raised blower top :)

-Andy "Melon"

I have a Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace that I am willing to sell for $120.00 US+ Shipping.......no need to wait for a group buy. I will also give it a fresh new powder coat in the original textured black colour. :)

email: spathay357@rogers.com

Attachments

• enginenew.jpg
    enginenew.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 558
Jeff Bratton said:
Need 17 more......

Once we get the required amount of people then I will call Jim Hill @ KB's and will let him know where we are at on this, as far as the amount of people we have for these STB's. Keep them coming guys!!

1. Jeff Bratton
2. White lightning
3. SteveSilverSC

Thanks All!

Jeff B.
Count me in ,as long as the price is right...I"m there :D

NICE WEBSITE Doug!

Very nicely done..... I had an 85 Elan w/302 HO. Mine was red. EX-Wife wreaked it though, several years back. O'Well!

I hope to get this STB GP going ..... I just placed this on the MN12 Nationals website per Rob Witt. He just totally redid the site.... www.MN12Nationals.com. For those who have not seen it, it's another site for great info. on the MN12.

Jeff

Last edited:
joshbea6 said:
if it will fit around a raised top.....count me in too.....

Thanks,

Josh
Yes... it'll fit around a raised top Josh... the picture that tbirdsc357 provided above is a KB STB from when they used to have them in stock last and will look like that as well.

Thanks Josh!

Jeff B.

joshbea6 said:
Jeff, let me know when you are going to do the buy and I'll get u the cash.
They will start producing them once again as soon as we reach at least 15 people... so tell all your SC buddies!!! :D ;) :p

Jeff B.

White Lightning said:
How are we making out on this? Frank H. aka White Lightning.
Well.... unfortunitly slow! At last count we need 8 more people.

I hope this moves on, but I guess there is just not enough interest. Frankly I don't know why?? But I'll keep it up until we acheive the required 15 people.

Thanks for the response Frank!

Jeff B.

Back