What's up for the next meet???

SeanMatteson

I see that it was an east end meet this past week. I was wondering if you guys might want to hold a Sunday meet at Hutch's on the beach strip in Hamilton, not this weekend but the next, as a west end meet. I don't mean to step on anyone's toes. It's just that a good portion of our crew turned out for a Hutch's meet two seasons ago, and voiced praise for the way the meet worked out. That was on a week night. I thought we might get a better turn out, and have more fun if we did it again but on a weekend.

If this sounds like something we'd like to do as a group, please let me know ASAP, and I'd be happy to work with Andrew, Les and Ed to coordinate the event. ...Not that I'm special or anything. It's just that I'm local to the restaurant and the site.

Let me know.

Best regards,

Sean

awwww, you're special Sean.... short yellow bus kinda special, but still :p :D

Yeah I'm up for a meet there anytime... Can't get any closer to my house unless it was in my driveway... haha

Ouu look. Eastport.... Quick, Someone trigger the lights :D

Sean,

The Sunday meets we held before were good. I think holding the occasional weekend meet is good for those who work evenings and can't make the usual meets. It's one of those "you can't make everyone happy all of the time" deals. There are some members I haven't seen since we started doing week night only meets. I'm assuming they just can't make it out on week nights. I think a Sunday meet once or twice a month would be a good idea, especially with the nice weather now.

I might also suggest that anyone can hold an unofficial Sunday meet anytime they want and not disturb the flow of the east-west wednesday night meets.

Do we need poll on this? Be sure to include a "I don't care" option. :p

SkunkWorks said:
awwww, you're special Sean.... short yellow bus kinda special, but still :p :D
Sean told me that when he was young he wore a football helmet all the time...yet...never played for a team :D

I also believe that a weekend meet would not count against the regular wednesday night meet.If someone does not want to come to two meets that is their own choice.I would vote to keep the alternating meets thing a constant so that people can schedule easier. :D

Sounds good guys! I agree with both Wayne and Stephen N. I guess I was looking for something more official than un-official so that we could work towards getting the largest turn-out possible. ...But either way will work really.

...And I'm not looking to take control of this thing in the event Les or Andrew wants to run with it. On the other hand, if it is deemed to be an official club event, then I'd be happy to assist our event coordinators in making it happen.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean,

I'd say there's no problem in making this an official meet because I probably would not attend the wednesday west end meet if I just went to a west end meet on the previous Sunday. We can let those decide if they want to attend the west end meet on Sunday, Wednesday, or both. I definitely don't want to see two west end wednesdays in a row because of Sunday meet. Two east end wednesday meets in a row would be fine by me. ;) You know what I'm getting at.

Last edited:
How's this?

Wednesday, June 23 @ Hooter's (west end regular)
Sunday, June 27 @ Hutches (west end "special" - LOL)
Wednesday, June 30 @ ? Progress ? (east end regular)
OR
the same schedule with the Hutches meet on Sunday, July 4 instead (more notice for planning schedules)

Speak up guys. If we don't hear any different this is what we'll shoot for. Gives everyone a weeks notice for the Sunday Special, minimum.

Sean, don't worry about stepping on toes - no worries here. I'd like to think that the SCCoO is a club BY the people, FOR the poeple. If someone wants to set something up - give 'er. Let's wait a few days to see how many people read this and comment, then post something then.

June 27 at Hutches would be a conflict with the LAMC show down in London, that some peole were thinking about attending.

Can we revise the schedule to accommodate, if enough people want to go to London instead?

cheers,
Ed N.

That's a very good point. I don't want to set up a conflict with the London show, because I am hoping to attend that too.

The following week should work, unless it ends up being the holiday weekend, in which case those people who end up off on the Friday might be out of town.

:confused:

Cheers,

Sean

i myself would not mind a west end sunday meet once and a while... just becuase when i get off of work the last thing i really want to do is drive to the T Dot....and hutches is a good spot anyways...

Yeah, sorry, I missed that. Too many conflicts for the rest of the month. Story of my life - LOL!

How about Sunday, July 11th. That's THREE weeks from today. That should be plenty of planning time for everyone.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't wait for three weeks to find out what's going on..... SEAN. I might have some patience, but that's crazy. :D

Les has too many dates to be bothered with Hooter's - LOL!...... and they're not jail-bait. :eek: ;) :D

I think SUNDAY afternoons or early eve would be a great idea to include. I think we may also get more guys out to those, they should feel a little informal at a parking lot.

I'll try to make out to the HUTCHES meet, whenever you guys make the "offical" date.

Back