347 turbo motor progress pics

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
It's nearly ready to install in my 93 SC. I had to build a plenum to get from the carb style manifold to the TB and still stay under the stock hood. It's a tight fit but it should clear. Fuel system plumbing is the next biggest pain in the rear, but it's nearly done too.

Dave Dalke is flying in next week to help me install it and all the other parts to get it running normally aspirated. Here are a couple pics.

David

Attachments

• 347 turbo 062904 002.jpg
    347 turbo 062904 002.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 681
i have no idea what to even say. that is one bad *** looking motor. nice work, you have attention to detail and it shows. :cool: :D

if there was a thumbs up smiley, youd get 5 :D

Lookin good. Are you satisfied with how the fuel rails are mounted on the intake? Do they have much lateral movement?

supercatxr7 said:
very nice dave... Should be sweet, and sound good too!

That looks like a kick a$$ project you've got going David. What do you expect that bad boy to run in the 1/4? :eek:

Turbo351 said:
Lookin good. Are you satisfied with how the fuel rails are mounted on the intake? Do they have much lateral movement?

Wayne,

As you can see, I reworked the rails and used twice the normal amount of mounting brackets. One side was snug and the other was a little loose, so I took it apart and made a couple of small bends on the portion of the bracket that wraps around the injector bung and that made it nice and solid.

My only gripe is that those rail mounting brackets get in the way of the injector wiring and will make using the stock harness a little more difficult. Other than that I'm happy with them and the manifold.

That looks like a kick a$$ project you've got going David. What do you expect that bad boy to run in the 1/4?

Matt,

I don't really know, but I hope it can at least run a high 10 on pump gas. Keep an eye on Wayne...he already has pretty much the same setup, so whatever his does, mine should be very close.

David

What are you planning for headers in this thing? I'm dropping a 5.0 in mine and cant seem to find decent headers for it.

SCCoupe50 said:
What are you planning for headers in this thing? I'm dropping a 5.0 in mine and cant seem to find decent headers for it.

I'm going to be using custom built turbo headers (point towards the front).

There are several guys on TCCoA with headers on their 5.0 tbirds, you might want to ask them what they are using.

David

I never thought of looping my Fuel lines like that Dave..

Currently my crossoverline goes in front of my distributer.

Also my headers face backwards and my crossover pipe goes behind and under the motor.

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
I never thought of looping my Fuel lines like that Dave..

Currently my crossoverline goes in front of my distributer.

Also my headers face backwards and my crossover pipe goes behind and under the motor.

Damon,

The turbo kit they use on my car should be very close to this one.

Kit%20Mockup%20-%20Black.jpg

Page%20Engine%20Left%20Front.jpg

David

Last edited:
IM WAITING!!!...An SC always needed over 400rwhp to feel quick with all that weight....SO far I havnt been in one that feels the faintest bit of fast....Hopefully I'll be able to get a grim on my fac without the v8 option. WHich isnt an option for me

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
IM WAITING!!!...An SC always needed over 400rwhp to feel quick with all that weight....SO far I havnt been in one that feels the faintest bit of fast....Hopefully I'll be able to get a grim on my fac without the v8 option. WHich isnt an option for me

Damon,

I know what you mean...even though mine will run mid 12s on motor, it doesn't feel nearly as quick as freind's 1970 340 duster did back in high school. That car probably only ran low 14s or maybe high 13s, but it felt like an 11 second ride.

Conclusion: SCs are sometimes much quicker than they feel.

David

Back