Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your occupation or source of income?

What is your occupation or source of income?

Just curious what the various members of the SC community do for a living or as a source of income!

I currently perform summer yard maintainance and freelance computer work..

I've been a stock broker/financial planner since Nov 1999, Jun 1995- Nov 1999 owned/ ran a bar. May 1988- Jun 1995 US ARMY/ TN Nat'l Guard.

I'm a Professional Engineer with a EE degree. I work with Architects mostly on commercial buildings designing HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Senior Systems Analyst and in charge of Special Projects for a construction materials company. I also do contract software projects for a group out of New York as I have time.

Hey Brian,

Im an Industrial Hygiene Engineer..I work within a Building Forensics Department..,You know...Find other peoples mistakes and find the fix. We also do commisioning/LEED work. Come to think of it your name sounds familiar. I work for LZA Technology/Thornton Tomasetti in Manhattan. WHo do you work for?

Damon
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

I am a branch manager for FleetPride, a national heavy duty truck parts company. My branch is a gas transport repair shop as well as a full suspension shop. It gives me a place to store my SC and work on it as well. I have been in the welding and fabrication business most of my life. Should be interesting to see what some of the top dogs on the SCCoA do for a living

I have been with GE for 10 years now. Mainly field Engineer/project manager.

I am currently Program Manager GE Energy. I coordinate service/install work Nationally with GE Water Technologies contracts. I ususally change positions every 2 years, so ask me in a week or so.

Im in the ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by DamonSlowpokeBaumann
    Hey Brian,

Im an Industrial Hygiene Engineer..I work within a Building Forensics Department..,You know...Find other peoples mistakes and find the fix. We also do commisioning/LEED work. Come to think of it your name sounds familiar. I work for LZA Technology/Thornton Tomasetti in Manhattan. WHo do you work for?

Damon
    I'm with Progressive Engineering we've definately run across some LZA guys from the Connecticut office (Trumbell Right?). We do very limited commisioning but we're seeing more and more LEED work, we've started designing a couple of silver level project (including one at the Pentagon) but non have every gone LEED to completion of even formal listing.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

I'm the CEO of a medium size manufacturing company. We build drill rigs and tooling for enviromental and geotechnical soil investigations.

Here's a link to our crappy website. http://www.cmeco.com/

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

I drive a truck on the road. All the States all the time. We run a lot of east coast. ny, nj, penn, and southern coast states. I am thinking of quiting and getting a job at Burger King.

I work in a pizza place for now. But pretty soon ill be working for a title/mortgage company as a Title Extractor. Other than that im going to be a poor college student soon I'm going to Akron University here in NE Ohio , shooting for my bachelors majoring in Marketing Managment.

Yes Brian thats correct...I figured youd be into commisoning/Leed being the feild your in.

Dave,

I used to be a psuedo geologist:O)

http://lzatechnology.com/index.php4

My company
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

All joking aside I have been thinking of getting into sales down at the local Ford dealer. I am tired of being gone all the time. I can see me selling pickups to the rednecks around here.

I work for Bode Aviation. I work with both of my older brothers. My oldest brother is the chief mechanic. We work on general aviation aircraft. Piston, turboprop, and some jet engines. Mainly piston engines. Basically, we are tractor mechanics. We operate a pretty decent fleet of flight training and charter airplanes. Definitely stay busy.

Bode Maintenance Website
    Last edited by Darkside; 07-02-2004 at 12:56 AM.