Just met Z90SC

metalman said:
Hey Jay,

How well was that brake unit working when it was in your car? Are you sure it was rebuilt? How long was the car sitting?

The unit was totally clogged in passage ways where the pump motor/the accumulator/the pressure switch all screw onto. A diaphram in the reservior was closed shut as to not let fluid through the nipple and I am now getting an ABS and Brake indicator lights flashing and the pump motor turns on with every step of the pedal. Usually that means a bad accumulator. But not it this case.

I replaced the clogged pump motor housing, replaced the reservior and got it working. I replaced the accumulator today and the indicator lights are still flashing at me.

I'm wondering if you had any braking problems when it was running?

I hope you can shed some history on this for me. Thanks,
Anthony

Oh man, i'm sorry. I was never able to drive the car. I was under the impression that it was in good working order since I have the old broken one in the garage. I know paul was a frequent visiter of junk yards; He may have got it from there if it's not new. The car was sitting for about three weeks in my driveway, and I think paul had it sitting for several months while trying to sell it.

So is it working now? I feel bad selling a ****** product. Would you like me to refund you some $ ?

Hey Z my Lightning motor went boom. :( I just bought a 03' Lightning long block with 2272 miles on it for $2500. Guy took it out to put a built race motor in his Lightning. 03 & 04's had better heads on them so I guess I made out. :rolleyes: Another fellow Lightning owner and me are putting it in this weekend. He has all the right tools, hoist and stuff. Goodtimes (I guess) :p

...you are rough on motors aren't you........good luck with the change out,looking forward to seeing some strong numbers out of that thing....
z

This is the first motor in my life I've ever blown. In Sept. I did 406rwhp/515rwtq and 12.58 @107 with a crappy tune. That is why I cracked my head then blew my motor was all from a crappy tune. I'm going to DTP when my truck is back to normal for a safe tune then in spring sometime I'm going to go to either Johnny Lightning or JDM for race and a safe tunes.
Cracked block

Last edited:
..yep....shes' cracked......get some "super glue"...LOL.....anyway,good luck.The DTP guys are good and have experience with Lightenings...they'll take care of you..let me know when you go to see them,maybe I can swing by.
z

I went to DTP yesterday. SMS had my timing at 25 degrees which is way way too much. They said on the street I was probably seeing 30+ degrees. That is why my motor went bye bye. It's at 18 degrees now. He said when I'm going to run somebody I can go into my predator and advance it to 20 if I want to and if I have good gas in it maybe just a tad bit more. My new dyno numbers are 422 hp/545 tq I believe it was. Might have been like 424/545 somewhere around there.

sho taurus said:
I went to DTP yesterday. SMS had my timing at 25 degrees which is way way too much. They said on the street I was probably seeing 30+ degrees. That is why my motor went bye bye. It's at 18 degrees now. He said when I'm going to run somebody I can go into my predator and advance it to 20 if I want to and if I have good gas in it maybe just a tad bit more. My new dyno numbers are 422 hp/545 tq I believe it was. Might have been like 424/545 somewhere around there.

sounds good...those guys at DTP are great aren't they.....u take care,have a safe holiday....see you next year....
z

Back