Anyone had their S/C from birth?

JStudrawa

There's a thread about how much we've paid for them, but is anyone the original owner of theirs? Lots of folks found the love after years of seeing them around or finding out their potential. But who's had one for 10+ years?

Mine is a hand-me-down from my father. I am it's 2nd owner and 2nd person to have ridden in her. We got her Sept. 8 1989. It blew his mind that a heavy car could move like that. The rest is history.

I've blown out the transmission (I believe you call it grenading?), a clutch, gone thru a set of tires every year, and done 140+ from Lansing to Grand Rapids.

I'm even putting off a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT for a while just to get her fixed back up.

The love's rekindled, a lot thanks to this site. Thanks!

I bought mine brand new off the showroom floor in Woodbridge, VA in April 1989. I drove it stock on the original engine and auto trans for over 220,000 miles before it was turned into SWB #005!

Owned since birth...

I have owned my '89 Titanium 5-speed since birth. I bought it new, off the show room floor on October 20, 1989 in Calgary, Alberta. I traded in my black 1985 Corvette Z51 :eek: :confused: At the same time, I bought a base model Ranger as a "run around", winter vehicle.

My brother liked it so much that a year later, he bought a '89 Bright Red 5-speed, Cougar XR-7 with body kit. He eventually sold it with about 80,000 miles and no problems.

I have only accumulated 25,000 miles on mine. When I drive it now, or have one of the garage doors open, I get more compliments and inquiries about it then ever. Because I have a nice F150, a Harley and a '68 Mercury truck (to restore, one of 209 built!), I have been thinking about selling the SC. But this website is awesome and since the car is not worth a great deal of money, I might as well keep it, enjoy it and have some fun with it. :D

I bought mine in 1990 with 5300km's on it in Edmonton. We drove the car mercilessly for 8 years using it for a tow vehicle for my autocross car and just an all around daily driver (no salt though). I've been modifying it for the last 6 years and it now has 265K Km's on it and we still love the car although we don't tow anymore.

Here is some info on it. XR7

I'm kind of the first owner I guess. I'm the first owner to ever put it on the street. My car started as a non vin numbered test mule for Ford to study the 3.8 v-6 in the t-bird. It was then given to Kenny Brown to cut up for the SWB project. It was used for this purpose and to build the jigs off of. Then it sat for 6 years behind Doug's shop until I bought it from him in 1996 and built it into a street car. Don't ask me how it is titled.... :)

SWB001 said:
I'm kind of the first owner I guess. I'm the first owner to ever put it on the street. My car started as a non vin numbered test mule for Ford to study the 3.8 v-6 in the t-bird. It was then given to Kenny Brown to cut up for the SWB project. It was used for this purpose and to build the jigs off of. Then it sat for 6 years behind Doug's shop until I bought it from him in 1996 and built it into a street car. Don't ask me how it is titled.... :)

so was that thing made originally as a lx or a sc? i do see the lx tail lights on it .

Believe it originally was an SC. However, it has a 5.0L in it know? :confused:

btw- ive had my sc for almost 1year :eek: Bought it from the original owner though! :D

trife86, read Jeff's description of SWB001 a little more closely. His car was what is call a body in white. It never had a VIN from the factory, so it never got to be LX or SC! The body in white is just the sheet metal and many racing teams get them as base vehicles for their mods.

It was a non vin numbered body in white, but it did start life as a test body with a standard 3.8 in it. Once they used it up as a test vehicle, it was stripped and sent to Kenny Brown. I still have the original shipping docs from Ford to Kenny Brown when he lived in Omaha, NE. So it was really never and LX or and SC, just a test mule.

Last edited:
I bought my 89 new in Nov. of 89 and owned it until earlier this year when I sold it. I have had my 92 for like 3 years now. I guess that makes me a 14 year gluton for punishment (GFP) as my signature says.

So that's what GFP means. Well this is only 2004 so my car is officially ten yrs old now, I bought it brand new Dec. 21 1994 as my birthday and Christmas present. There were only seven 94 SC's left in TX when I bought it. Funny how this topic came up, I just found my original window sticker filed away. I really didn't want a t-bird or even a Ford for that matter. But I was lookin' for a v-6 with a stick and that combo wasn't too plentiful in 94. Test drove camaro's, firebirds, a camry and others. The chevy's had plenty of power, but too common, too low and hard to see out of. Camry was real smooth, but didn't do anything for me and was even more expensive than the SC. I was sold on the SC first time I test drove it. The one I test drove, they let me keep it a couple of days. Unfortunately, the car I test drove ended up being sold before I could buy it. I was pissed, but really didn't want a black car in TX. Car has been reliable and fun. It's gettin' up there in mileage though, so the repair bill is climbing also. But for a car that's paid for and that I still love to drive, it's worth it. It remains stock with a couple of minor exceptions. It remains my daily driver. So far, my biggest beef with the car was Ford's crappy quality control on the clear coat.
I also wanted a car that would still look cool and classy in 10+ yrs ;)

Last edited:
Got mine in May of '89. Traded an '88 Mustang GT in for it.
The SC is the best car I have ever had..

Technically I am the original owner. I bought my 92 in Feb of 94 with 11,608 miles. It was a "Executive Driven Demo" or so they say. Anyway, it had never been titled to anyone else. So yeah, I've owned it for 10 years.

Back