Thread: Who can help me with specifics on putting 4r70w hard parts in a regular AOD???

Who can help me with specifics on putting 4r70w hard parts in a regular AOD???

I just won an auction for a "good running" 4r70w, and the guy says he would disassemble and send the hard parts I need.

So I need to make sure I don't leave anything out of the list of stuff I will need from him.

I read somewhere that I will need to have the shaft swapped on the forward drum.

Pictures would be great, that way I could show him exactly what I need for the swap.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thansk alot!

I would take the whole transmission. I assume you are trying to save on shipping costs, but if he doesn't send one part you need, buying that part might negate your savings on shipping.

Only thing I know for sure you can use is the wide ratio gears. I don't know all the exact parts you need, since I purchased a wide ratio kit for my AOD and let my tranny guy install it. The wide ratio kit is available from Ford Racing Products (Ford Motorsports). They may have a listing of the parts somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gldiii
    I would take the whole transmission. I assume you are trying to save on shipping costs, but if he doesn't send one part you need, buying that part might negate your savings on shipping.

Only thing I know for sure you can use is the wide ratio gears. I don't know all the exact parts you need, since I purchased a wide ratio kit for my AOD and let my tranny guy install it. The wide ratio kit is available from Ford Racing Products (Ford Motorsports). They may have a listing of the parts somewhere.

Well the thing is, he says he don't want toship it, and is is too far away for me to drive.

Personally, I would rather ship it than take it apart...

I guess I will have to have him send everything from inside....