car stalls or just wants to. why?

K

Kick Ass Kolenc

ok...so the last bit the car has had a bit of a rough idle when first startin it...sorta boggin...rpm's not super low...just you can feel the car boggin, you get going and all is fine.

Today...the car is even worse...it's really boggin, got my oil changed n some other crap and was waitin for a chick to get out of an interview...go to start my car...it kinda starts, then just dies...try gain, same thing...finallyt he third time...i kept the rpms at like 3000 for 20 seconds or so and then it was good though i only drove like 10 feet then it was idle'n again and boggin, though no where near as bad.

Whats up with that?

Re: car stalls or just wants to. why?

i dont know what the problem is, but i have had it before too... it happens to me when the engine is warm and it has been shut off for 20 mins - 1/2 hour.

when i turn it on the thing stutters and coughs until i bring the rpm's up past 2500.
the last time this happened i ran some injector cleaner through and it hasnt happened since... you might wanna give that a shot

Sounds like the idle air motor.

it reminded me of like the umm air intake sensory thingy being messed up...but i tried wigglin and tightening all that @#%$. I usually do a bottle of injector cleaner every oil change...haven't done one today...but yeah, today is a lot worse....like every time i start my car....but after i kinda take off and go...then when i come to a stop its fine...and what the hell.

Going on your idle air motor idea...hmm i dunno, guess i'll have to run it into a shop on umm some day here and hopefully they can figure it out!

on an update....i re-wired my deck to try and fix things...and by the looks of it did...i've found out my speaker just can't handle that amp...and 2 speakers alone doesn't sound very good, i could really use those components if they'd ship em already...and then hook those pu and it should sound ok, cept for needing to get a real box! Mine's kinda @#%$ rattles and crap...and yeah, ahh well. It was only like 30 bucks.

But yeah...while checkin to see if hte stereo worked...i turned the car on and it was fine, started fine and like nothing was wrong...so i dunno.

This is the second time in like 2 months my car has randomly went screwy for a day, then randomly fixed itself.

Apart from that, i got my amp velcro'd down today! WOOHOO so starting tommorrow night i can go back to driving like a lunatic. Which is most definitely exciting. And now the snow out here is mostly gone and it's almost all dry and weeeeee.

My car was doing the exact same thing. My dad and my boyfriend took all the sensors apart on top the motor and cleaned them. Now my car is running perfect.

And also, Scott, if it's doable with your contacts
there, get the codes checked for the heck of it
just in case something's stored in them to give
indication of any particular prob.... Good Luck!

PS: From uer generic description plus not knowing
how you've maintained the engine overall, hard to
say anything in answer specifically...

Back