Whats your insurance rate on the SC

No on knows just how many 5 spd were actuall made. They say only 147 though. look at 35ththunderbirdregistry.com (I think thats the site) It explains more there.

you guys pay nothing....

zip code 11357 - Queens, NY
23 single male, 1 speeding ticket in the last 3 yrs

50/100 liability
50 PIP
50 uninsured motorist
no comprehensive/collision

I pay $1104+ state fees every six months which is about $188 a month. Thats what I get for living near NY city...
:mad:

Thats with allstate, Ive heard geico is cheaper, but not sure if I want to switch, anyone else out there with geico?

Actually I did live in NJ for awhile and my insurance was cheaper, and that included comprehensive!! NJ insurance rates are exaggerated on how expensive it really is there. Its only really high if you live around Newark/Jersey City area.

I'm getting happier with mine every e-mail I read...
34y/o M, no accidents/tickets
225 comp/250 collision 50/100/50
$249.00 every 6 months
:D

2000 Kia Sportage
1992 SC auto

Wife 29
Me 40

No tickets, no nothing (nothing that is my fault anyway)

Allstate
Full covergae on the Kia 688/6 mo
Comprehensive (or so I thought)on SC 670/6mo

Where, Michigan. Supposedly the second highest rates in the country. I am so tired of getting bent over for insurance I am ready to go without. Then get this;

The SC is hit in a parking lot, as I am backing out of a spot, this chick in an Exploder backs out and hits my left front. Breaks the turn signal, bumper cover, headlight and mounting panel, lonf story short $2300.00 in damage according to Collex. Her insurance, State Farm, mine Allstate. I think, ok her company pays, alas klar! nope, no way no how.

$500.00 is what they say they will pay. I call my agent, she says, you have only PLPD Todd, I say, no Karen, I am paying you for comprehensive to cover vandalism, theft, collision, glass etc etc etc.....

Turns out Comprehensive thru Allstate does not cover collision, so I have an f'd up front end and an f'd up insurance company and I'll be damned if I can't find the original policy paperwork....ain't life a bitc! :mad:

Oh yea, it gets better. Last Saturday I park my car at Eastern Michigan University, meet the wife nd daughter. Go back to the car an hour later, some a'hole hit the driver side rear if the car, broken the bumper cover and turnsignal light housing F'IN A'HOLE!!!! I am so po'd :mad: :mad: :mad:

God help the jack a$$ if I find out who it was.....

Sorry to hear about that one... Allstate isnt the greatest sometimes.

BUt you did you know comprehensive did not include collision? I thought all insurance companies were like that. I have been with allstate for over three years and they told me that when I dropped my collision after moving to NJ. I dont even bother with comp/coll here cause there are so many idiots driving on the road. I have had two people not stop for lights and rear end me twice in the last month!!

Maybe thats why insurance is so high here :rolleyes:

On another note, I did some shopping around, always a good thing to do when you are fed up with a company, and found lower rates with with geico. So 15 minutes did save me 15%!! My new premium for the identical coverage is now $881/6 mo. I dont know what allstate was thinking, I called them up and told them the other quotes but they said there is nothing they could do about it, unless I get married or turn 25, none of which are gonna happen anytime soon. Its their loss because as of the middle of dec, they will no longer have me as a customer.

Well at least I will be a little closer to what you guys are paying in NE and KS.

I have:
89 SC
93 SC
98 Dodge Van
99 Ford E-150 van
2003 Toyota
92 Jeep Cherokee

I’m 47
Wife 47
Son 20
Son 18

Last five years I’ve had two accidents not my fault (Which does not matter) rates still go up. Son 18 had one accident. I pay a total of $1,210 per month on ins. I shop for rates all the time and this is the best deal right now, all with either max deductibles or min coverage. I will only make another Ins. clam with one of my cars get totaled. To hell with free healthcare (I only pay $160 per month for that) I want free auto insurance.
There I feel better now, I vented.. :D

Insurance Rates

I think I'm payin about $1100 a year for my 94 SC through GEICO. Mechanical breakdown with $250 deductible for life of car in New York. Runnin out of parts will be the problem before runnin out of money to fix it.

Yep i think i gotz u all beat....17 year old male, 1 speeding ticket, 1 written warning....been pulled over 5 times total (heehee i love it) and i pay $192.00 A YEAR!!! that's like $16.50 a month or somthing for liability :)

Right now i'm shelling out about 2300 a year. That's with one accident, 1 month after i got my license (which i hate myself for, because i wasn't doing anything wrong, i went to change the track on my cd player and someone pulled out in that second, and worst of it it was a 97 tbird. When i die i will roll in my own grave about that). Another three tickets, unsafe lane change, failure to signal lane change, and driving past midnight with a provis. license. I got that all knocked down to 1 no pointer ticket, because it was totally bs tickets. So that's my rate on that. The insurance renews in 3 months, and to that will be added another accident (i got wanged by a schoolbus in the work van at what i thought was a 4 way stop. i don't know, flashing red lights on both sides tend to do that to me), a wrong way on a one way (which should've been a u-turn on a one way), and i thought there was something else but that's all i can remember. Never speed, by no means a bad driver, just careless i guess. Anyone wanna take a guess what it'll go up to? I'm a 19 male by the way.

Words of ignorance... I mean wisdom

Interesting "undelimited" quote guy but thier is actually spelled their. Also my favorite quote goes something like "Only by becoming a beast can one forget the pain of being a man." Don't mind me NorthrnSCownr it's late and I'm a bit of a prick when I have to work nightshift.

Last edited:
When i had my SC i paid 168.00 every 6 months.

now that i got rid of it i have a 98 zx2 $148.00, a 96 Mercury mystique $130.00, and a 2000 f150 SC 4x4 off road $282.00.

so i pay a total of 560.00 every 6 months and 1,120 for a year.

im 18 and on my sc i have to pay 120 a month thats with one speeding ticket and not full coverage. if only i had gotten good grades in school....... :( then it would be 56 :eek:

im 20 years old not a very good driving record. i insure a 1990 GMC shortbed 4x4 and my 1990 cougar XR7 and im paying 1200.00 for six months. im usind progressive, cheapest insurance i could find.

Grundy

collector car insurance
all thunderbirds (in there opinion) are collector cars
Full coverage They will pay (8000.00 if car is totalled) you can increase or decrease this yourself
100,000 comp
100,000 collision
NO DEDUCTABLE !!!!
147.00 PER YEAR
this is for real collector insurance
they have a few stipulations on it (car must be garaged) (no one under 26 YO) (not driven daily)-----must have another insured car
for you garage queens like mine this is a great deal,,,,,,
http://www.grundy.com/

I use MetLife as I have access through military retirement, auto-deducted from pay.

I pay $549 every 6 months for 50/100/50, Uninsured, underinsured, full glass, rental and road service, plus coverage for actual value of vehicle at $30,000.00-that's for 3 Super Coupes :D

Back