Trying out an SC

aviationstation

Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum, and my first mention of a newly purchased SC. Yesterday I purchased a 1995 Ford T-Bird SC with a 5-Speed & 77k miles. The car rates a solid 8 out of 10, with a tear in the drivers leather seating area (typical) and a small patch of headliner sag on the sunroof cover/slider. Everything else is in excellent condition. This is an Arizona/California car & I am the 2nd owner. The clear coat on the "wing" is a little baked, but that's typical for AZ life. The car is now in San Diego, which is where I bought it. From what I can tell, this is the last year of the SC and this model is a 5 speed (of which fewer than 600 were made), and sports the better-designed Eaton blower case. The asking price was $2,500, and the purchase was somewhere near there.

Typically, most of the newer cars I've owned were/are Fords. My last T-Bird was a 94 V-8 with anemic performance at best. We maintain a small collection of GM muscle (and one Ford) cars & have never really had any intrest in newer so-called muscle cars. The SC, however, has always been a lot of car for the money & I think this one is no exception. Those of you that frequent this forum obviously know what I'm talking about. I'm looking forward to sharing some info, and getting some, as I spin wrenches on this car.

Thanks again for the forum & the great posts!

M Randolph
in SoCal somewhere in Kali~fornia

-95 Thunderbird SC
-69 GTO 400
-67 Chevelle SS
-66 Nova SS
-57 Ford Fairlane 2 Dr H/T 312 SC

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Are you an A&P? I'm just guessing from you forum ID. Just a recommendation, the 15 dollar membership opens up alot of other forums and I think it is worth the investment. In any case, ask any questions you'd like. :D

Hi Darkside,

No, not an A&P, just a "previous" owner of a Glasair & a Piper Cherokee. I'm now planeless (save for the T-Bird :) ) pending the location of a larger airplane for all of my family crap. I do spin wrenches on my own airplanes, and occasionally help a friend who is an A&P, but no such certificate for me (yet).

Thanks for the reply & I look forward to gettin' some more info from the site. I'm always happy to support/join when the posts & forums are in line with the interests of the users (i.e. SC Birds).

Thanks!

Matt Randolph

aviationstation said:
Hi Darkside,

No, not an A&P, just a "previous" owner of a Glasair & a Piper Cherokee. I'm now planeless (save for the T-Bird :) ) pending the location of a larger airplane for all of my family crap. I do spin wrenches on my own airplanes, and occasionally help a friend who is an A&P, but no such certificate for me (yet).

Thanks for the reply & I look forward to gettin' some more info from the site. I'm always happy to support/join when the posts & forums are in line with the interests of the users (i.e. SC Birds).

Thanks!

Matt Randolph

Ah yes, Pipers. I am in the process of R&R ing a Lycoming from a Piper at the moment. The cam was a little wobbly. :eek: :D Only 300hrs too. :confused:
We just had to dismantle a Cherokee from the firewall forward as well. The owner landed a little too hard. Engine mounts were a little bent. :eek: :p You know how pilots are. :p Anyway, if you're ever flying through NM stop by. Here is our website.

BODE AVIATION--CLICK HERE!!!

Last edited:
Back