am i the only one not getting emails?

Solved!

The problem we were experiencing with the email notices has been solved. If you are not receiving emails as expected, there may be issues with you spam blocking.

Our original issue was that the emails being generated with the PHP scripts had a sender domain that could not be resolved. This hostname was added to the DNS and mails started going out.

still no emails here....Fastsc92@comcast.net......

Also no emails from the TCCOA either. I am on other message boards with no problems...but just with the SCCOA and the TCCOA. I called my ISP but they dont have a clue what i'm talking about....figures....

I currently only have one other report of not receiving emails. I personally get a lot of notifications, so I know they are being sent out. Some have reported not getting them, only to change that to they were getting them later than expect.

I suspect the general slowness of the board that we are addressing has something to do with the slowness, but that is only a guess. Most of the email issues I have run down have been with a person's mail server blocking the email as spam. I believe all of the notification emails come from "scguys@sccoa.com" so you will want to let those through your spam filter.

You should also be able to see what threads you are subscribed to in the control panel.

I'm not getting emails either. At least 2 threads I have posted in have posts after mine and I didn't receive emails saying others have responded like I used to get. I keep a pretty close eye on my "bulk mail" folders as many legitimate messages mysteriously seem to end up there. I didn't notice it before now because I haven't been able to spend as much time on the boards as I used to. Is there anything else I can check, George?

Brandon

I keep an eye on my screened mail folders and i dont get anything, and havent got anything for at least over 2 months now. The emails are not listed as spam, or labled in my spam filter...actually...no addresses are at this time, and I still dont get email. Its weird because i visit the site about 40 times a day and always got email until just before the new year. The TCCOA is the same way, but other message boards are fine. I dont understand...

fastsc92, I had the board send you a password reminder, did you get it? (Just delete it, if you did.)

Did you change your email in your profile around that time?

Does your email provider do any type of blocking?

What types of subscriptions do you have?

Have you subscribed to a thread recently or are these older threads?

If you are not getting any subscriptions, I can delete all your subscribtions through the admin panels and then you can try to re-subscribe and see if they are not coming through. What is is really strange from the board's perspective is that we are sending out these notices, people just are not getting them for what ever reason.

Oh i understand that weird things are happening and i'm not mad, just curious to whats happening. My ISP is comcast.net. I havent changed any profile settings, nor did i get any emails about password reminders. I talked to my ISP and they said that all spam mails go through their server, but are filtered into a screened mail box. The emails from you are not restricted, but still not sure why I'm not getting any. I respond to threads often, and i should be getting them, such as these or a few within the past few days, not to mention others from weeks past. Hmm...i'm gunna have to scratch my head again....

I realize you are not mad, I'm just trying to think of ways to help you and others with the problem. I sent out pasword email notices to one of my test board user names at the same time I sent one to you and I received it. So I believe we are sending out these notices, but still cannot explain why you are not receiving them.

Do you have another email account you could try on your profile to see if you can receive mailings there?

ok ok ok...you're gunna laugh at me.

My old ISP was ATT, and they were bought out by comcast...but my email registered on here was ~~~~~@attbi.com. The new email is @comcast.net. The old email worked for something like 2 years by forwarding the mails to comcast.net....but no anymore. I think it solves the problem cause when i changed the email, i got an email verification. Makes sense why it hasn't worked since the new year.....when they probably changed it. Sorry for the mishaps. :rolleyes:

No problem! We try not to jump to conclusions when helping people with email issues, but in almost every case it has turned out to be something on the receiving end of things.

Ya...i was checking everything on my end...but still was dumbfounded.....thanks for all your help George.

Jeff, it is not clear from your post what emails you are expecting that you are not receiving. If you have read the rest of this thread you know that I have not tracked down a single case where the board was not sending out an email to a specific individual email box. It has always been the receiving end.

It does appear that your address is correct in your profile, so I suspect some some spam filtering at your ISP. Also, additional notices are not sent for subscribed threads until you go back to that thread.

If you email me at my address with some specific information on emails you are not receiving, then I will gladly look into it for you. You can also check in your profile if you are actually subscribed to any threads.

I emailed you directly.

I don't get notifications of PM's or posts to threads that I am subscribed to. I do not have any blocks on my email and it's the same one I have had for nearly 5 years. I get notifications from other sites but not this one. It started happening about the same time everyone else in this thread mentioned.

Jeff

Back