Thread: Bottom end stock rebuild. Parts?

Bottom end stock rebuild. Parts?

Hi guys, where's a good place to get some bottom end parts to rebuild a STOCK SC motor? like bearings, rings, etc.

thanks.

mike, im getting my clevite bearings (rod, cam, main) from autozone and the total seal rings i believe you can get from summit (as well as the melling m246 oil pump).
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!

Thanks,

I got the clevite rod bearings, and main bearings, going to order cam bearings tomorow. (all from Autozone).

Also ordered a set of "hi-tech" piston rings.

The prices were better than NAPA. I read in another post that the clevite 77 rod bearings were the way to go, so I went. Thanks for the reply.

My brother has a set of replacement oil pump parts, so I'm going to steal those.

Anyone out there has a preference for any particular engine bearings, or any warnings against some bad engine bearings? Or are they all pretty much the standard rebuild stuff?

www.rockauto.com

Pretty good prices too...