Got me a Cobra blower

V6Sprout

FINALLY got me an 03 Cobra M112 blower, now I can finally get workign on my Cobra blower swap. Not sure if many remember my plan to swap the intercooler Cobra or Lightning blower onto my SC motor. I decided the lightning blower sat too high with the inlet on the top of the blower, so I finally got an 03 Cobra blower, should pick it up on Tuesday. I already have the lower tubbed intake designed just have to get my uncle to finish welding it up, then I can work on figuring out how to mount the IC and blower to it.

Just thought I would give a quick update, again its a slow process as I do it when I have spare time and when my uncle it free to help me cut and weld it up.

V6Sprout said:
FINALLY got me an 03 Cobra M112 blower, now I can finally get workign on my Cobra blower swap. Not sure if many remember my plan to swap the intercooler Cobra or Lightning blower onto my SC motor. I decided the lightning blower sat too high with the inlet on the top of the blower, so I finally got an 03 Cobra blower, should pick it up on Tuesday. I already have the lower tubbed intake designed just have to get my uncle to finish welding it up, then I can work on figuring out how to mount the IC and blower to it.

Just thought I would give a quick update, again its a slow process as I do it when I have spare time and when my uncle it free to help me cut and weld it up.

Sweet Jamie, hard to keep up on the car when you keep upgrading the family :)

haha yeah always upgrading stuff, today I was talking with my step brother and I we were talking about what I want to do to my house, and I said I wanted to MODIFY my house, haha, working on cars is rubbing off.

Yeah I remember the swap that you were trying to do awhile back. If it works, are you going to build more or just the one for yourself?

Shane

for now its just the one, but if it all works out I do plan on making more, this is more or less for fun to see if I can do it, and if I can then I will consider making them, that was the plan but I didn't want to advertise making them in case it didn't work out. This is why I am not rushing to complete it, so people don't get impatient. :D

Pics and updates will be given as progress is made, although it has been slow sicne I had no blower.

Cool! Keep us posted. I would be interested in seeing how one of the cobra or kenne Bell blowers stack up against the whipple.

Shane

quick35th said:
Cool! Keep us posted. I would be interested in seeing how one of the cobra or kenne Bell blowers stack up against the whipple.

Shane

yeah the cool thing would be the KB would swap right on in place of hte M112 if I get it to work.

Back