Thread: Car Show at the Shootout

Thumbs up Car Show at the Shootout

I spoke with David who is putting on the shootout and he informed me that they have set aside an area for those of us not participating in the shootout for show area.As of now this will be non judged.It will be in the staging area all paved and near the food. It would be really nice for as many of us as possible to come out and show our support for all the hard work these guys have done.If you have a SC or XR7 can't think of a better place to see some new ideas or get some questions answered plus see some awsome racing from the top dogs!Also we are entertaning some ideas for saturday (dyno day) as well. Please try to attend and maybe we can see about expanding this in future years. Dan Just a quick update we're going to have participant-spectator judged show(if you attend you can vote)Keeping it simple 6 classes for stock and modified cars.( STOCK IN APPEARANCE no aftermarket wheels or engine mods in the stock classes.) we'll have to send the trophies out afterwards due to time restraints.One per class.There is no additional cost for the show just the regular spectator admission fee. Dan
    Last edited by Dan McEwen; 09-25-2004 at 11:45 AM. Reason: update

HI have Question

I was planning on attening the shootout. I going to be leaving early saturday morning. I live near chicago so it will be a long ride. I was just wondering if they were going to have a swap meet going on too. Just wondering. Look forward to see all the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsanders
    I was planning on attening the shootout. I going to be leaving early saturday morning. I live near chicago so it will be a long ride. I was just wondering if they were going to have a swap meet going on too. Just wondering. Look forward to see all the cars.
    Just so you know, the racing is on Friday morning. Saturday will be the dyno competition and awards/dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Cool sc shootout

is there some kind of meeting thursday night befor the event, thought that there was some people get to gether then?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RedSCSpeedster
    is there some kind of meeting thursday night befor the event, thought that there was some people get to gether then?
    As far as I know there isn't anything planned but I feel a lot of people will be hanging around the hotel so you should be able to find someone to hangout with or something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsanders
    Try to make it friday thats the day at the dragstrip where we are putting on the show.No swap meet this year, the folks putting together the shootout were generous enough to let us tag along with them this year if we get a good response we maybe able to expand this event in years to come. Hope to see you there.

Thanx, guys! Sorry i got my day confused. I plan on being their friday. Hard to keep track of the days when working 2 jobs and going to school.