Can somebody till me??

tim

I searched for an answer with no luck. I was wondering how much a double intercooler will decrease my intake charge temp. I have a single with a fan on the back now and was thinking of a double with one fan pushing thru the front and the other pulling from the back. I really need to get the charge temp. down to run a 10% pulley. I cant afford anything fancy right now. Tim

TILL you What?

tim said:
I was wondering how much a double intercooler will decrease my intake charge temp.
I went from a single IC, no fan, to a DIC w/480 cfm 8" fan. It took 1/3rd sec. off my time. Now going to a 900 cfm 10" fan (with side air dams), and a custom CO2 spray bar on the front of the IC. I dunno about the actual temp change though.

That was with a moddded motor including a 10% pulley. With the SIC & 10% I was hitting the knock sensor continuously from 3000 on up.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
I ment tell me. So when you went to the double intercooler without the bigger fan did it quit hitting the knock sensor? I have an idea for a spraying the intercooler after I get the battery in the trunk. I have pretty high compression so this really will make a differance if I can get the temp. down another 20-25 degrees. Tim

CO2 spray bar

tim said:
So when you went to the double intercooler without the bigger fan did it quit hitting the knock sensor? I have an idea for a spraying the intercooler after I get the battery in the trunk.
I haven't had it back on the dyno since installing the DIC w/8". It sure pulls a lot harder though.

If you're interested, E-mail me & I'll explain how I built my CO2 spray bar. It's CHEAP & EASY!!!!

E-mail is: c o u g a r @ Q T M . n e t (take out spaces)

68COUGAR

Back