Deck-Lid Spoiler (INPUT NEEDED)

Toms-SC

Hello,

I come to the SCCOA community requiring input on the following deck-lid spoiler design.

mailedd1.jpg

What do you guys have to say? Can you picture this being on your Thunderbird?

I for one would love to have a spoiler similar to this, and I am sure I can make it happen if there is enough positive feed-back, please get back to me with any concerns, comments, or questions. Thank you!

:)

Last edited:
wow, well from what i know, i heard that the rear spoiler decreased ur gas mileage, read it on a post somewhere that after somebody took off the spoiler they saw a gain in performance and mileage, it looks awesome though.

The factory spoiler does that on the Tbirds.

Personally I love that spoiler but do I need the downforce...probably not

But Id put one on regardless!!

Thread stickied as requested until Saturday Aug. 28th.

Any chance of seeing a picture of the spoiler from the rear of the car? Also something that shows how it is mounted to the trunk?

Thanks

Duffy - go check on the TCCoA, that's where that pic/car is from. IIRC, PapaJohn comes to mind. He did a NASCAR-inspired theme. Black (steel) rims, too. Car looks absolutely killer, IMHO. I'll see if I can find some pics for all to see.

Tom - you couldn't have done this LAST year, now could you (sarcastically)!! LOL!!!

As far as the factory rear spoiler on MN-12's - sorry, NOT true. LB didn't come from the factory with a spoiler. I had her for three years without it. Then I found one and installed it. Guess what - NOTHING CHANGED except the looks. Performance and mileage have remained the same in the past year i've had the spoiler. However, I DO have some land in Florida i'd like to sell you...... :rolleyes: Seriously, if you think a five pound spoiler with that low of a profile will degrade performance then you shloudn't buy one at all.

Toms-SC said:
Hello,

I come to the SCCOA community requiring input on the following deck-lid spoiler design.

mailedd1.jpg

What do you guys have to say? Can you picture this being on your Thunderbird?

I for one would love to have a spoiler similar to this, and I am sure I can make it happen if there is enough positive feed-back, please get back to me with any concerns, comments, or questions. Thank you!

-Thomas Siry

:)
how much where can u get 1

Thanks for the responses!

Nascarwing.jpg

SIMILAR TO THIS! Except for 2 factors
a) no mounting hardware to the rear of the car (no studs as in the picture)
b) one peice, not cut in two (the picture appears asthough is has a cut in it)

Last edited:
There doesnt happen to be a wing similar to the 03 cobras for out cars is there... just that trunk wrap around kinda deal...?

jOe

im very interested, but i would like to see some performance diagrams, see if any is loss, it looks sweet. would look even sweeter when i put my XENON air damn in the front and this wing in the back

Toms-SC said:
Alright, if theres not much more interest I will only make up a couple (4 or less) extras.
Interest is relative to price. Unfortunately, I think there are many people who are reserving comment until more details are released. I didn't see mention of material or estimated weight for example. I may potentially be interested in 2 of them.

Paul

Want more details? No problem, I'm meeting with 'The Man' Friday, details including a diagram on Saturday aswell as a rough price. Thanks again for the feed back, anything more is welcome!

My goal in this project is to get a wing similar to NASCAR aswell as to make a spring board for more 'SuperCoupe Dynamic' products such as front air valance and headlight eyebrows.

Alright guys, just got back from the shop. I will not have anymore pictures until the CAD Design is done, 2 weeks, then another week to get the first one made up. :) I'm glad there is interest in this product, they are going to make a template for the design so I am able to quickly made more of them with a reduced cost! Until then I will try to anwser your questions as best as possible.

Back