Bought somethin crazy last week....

Thunderchick

Last week I flew out to Kentucky to visit a friend (I live in NJ), and I ended up driving home. We went car shopping one day, with NO intention to purchase a car, I just wanted to test drive different cars because I wanted to start looking into buying a 2nd car. WELL, I fell in love with one at first site....and after about 24 hours of going crazy trying to figure out what to do, I bought it and drove it home. BUT, here's the sad part......I will have to sell my super coupe! :( I've always loved the firebirds and trans am's....and this one caught my eye and I couldn't say no! Here she is........my 2000 Firebird Formula.
5.7L V-8
aliciasformula1.jpg

I want to hold on to the Super Coupe, but I can't handle the insurance for both cars, it's a lot on the formula. But it's worth it! I must have a thing for "bird" cars.......
But thanks to everyone for all their help and listening to me B*tch the last almost 4 years since I've had the car. I know I haven't been around much the past 2 years, but I still appreciate the people I have met on here and how some have helped me out, even if they're not around anymore! Thanks! :D

Alicia
1994 Thunderbird SC
2000 Firebird Formula
both stock

Keep the sc for those nice cruise days. Have the insurance suspended whoen the car is not in use also. I did this for my 95, which has been parked goin on almost 2yrs now, and I pay 30 a month for comprehensive coverage.

as nice as those firebirds are, they still dont seem to have the sophistication of the SC - and try sitting in the passenger seat - that huge hump for the cat.converter, meh!

beauty of a car tho, congrats

I like the firebirds as well, thought i wouldnt have made the same choice as you... i can say that im sure you will either garage the SC (hoping and crossing fingers) or find a REALLY CAREFUL new onwer to take her off of your hands :) good luck

jOe

If you are strictly concerned about hauling *** those are a damn fine car. If not they make a good daily driver. My dad's (LT1) averages 18-19 MPG. Better MPG than an SC with more power. Nice combo. Still like my bird though. :p

Yea you should check out that insurance. I park my SC for the winter but I still keep insurance on it, just incase there is a nice day. A lot of people use this type of insurance on Mustangs and other muscle cars. It works good for me and no matter what you should def keep the SC, ya never know what it might be worth some day.

Thunderchick said:
That's not a bad idea.....I'll have to consider it. My insurance is paid off till November....hmmmmmmmm..... :cool:

Or, you could send me a picture of the car and see if I can figure out a way to buy it, since I am looking to sell or trade my '92 SC.

irar

Ahh....its so hard. I need to sell the SC because I have some bills to pay and it would just make life so much easier to just pay them and get rid of them. But its hard cause, I feel I would never get the amount of $$$ of what the SC has meant to me, do you know what i mean? I feel like I want to ask a lot more then its worth because if someone buys it for any less, then they don't deserve to own it! But I need to sell it. I feel like my brain's in a war about it! And I love my firebird. She's great to drive, as a daily driver, cause she is, but i LOVE hauling *** with her. The power is awesome and the handling and suspension. Definitely needs a better exhaust though....which I could get if I were to sell the SC....there's a war going on in my brain, I can't figure out what to do! And Brad, yes I do get complaints about the huge bump from the cat.converter, but hey, I don't sit in the passenger seat, and that person is just lucky to be in my car anyways! :D And thanks everyone on the congrats on my sparatic purchase which I love!

u know i was considering a pontiac also, but, as i got in it and noticed how horribly cramped it is, i didnt want to, i mean i did love the engine and power, but i cant really move inside, then i got into my brothers SC and it wowed me, not only the space, but all the advanced luxirious technology that it came with, and man that V6 engine, never felt something like that before. The Pontiac didnt wow me like the SC did. Oh yeah, space is very important to me because it allows me to do stuff with young ladies in the back seat :D

Oh yeah, i dont think those are safer then SCs.

Back