Where to get performance parts?

Kirk Bryan

Hey all,

With my head gaskets going, I think I am just about ready to do some serious work to the car, but I don't know where to get some performance parts I'm looking for, or even what brand to look for. Here are the areas that I'm looking to work on. I won't necessarily be working on all of these parts, but I would like to have the information so I can pick and choose.

Any information regarding any of these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Crank
Rods
Pistons
(Stroker?)
Cam
Heads (ported and valve job)
Roller Rockers

Thanks peops.

Kirk Bryan said:
Hey all,

With my head gaskets going, I think I am just about ready to do some serious work to the car, but I don't know where to get some performance parts I'm looking for, or even what brand to look for. Here are the areas that I'm looking to work on. I won't necessarily be working on all of these parts, but I would like to have the information so I can pick and choose.

Any information regarding any of these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Crank
Rods
Pistons
(Stroker?)
Cam
Heads (ported and valve job)
Roller Rockers

Thanks peops.

Believe it or not, it can all be got at Summit. Well most of it. The crank,unless it snapped, just needs a little machining. I also wouldn't go for the common stroker, I think the only one with a stroker crank is Morana and last I heard is that they were cast iron. Not worth it for .2 cubes. TRW does make what's known as a Platinum kit that has everything you need for a rebuild except for cam but you have just have that reground and get some new push rods to make it work. If you run short on cash, put whatever you can into the heads, that's where you're going to make more power than anywhere else.

DON'T machine the crank if you can help it!!!!!!!!

The rear journal on our cranks is already undersized and if machined is VERY prone to failure!

For Pistons, rods and cam, I'm going through SuperSix Motor Sports (supersixmotorsports.com)

--You may be able to reuse the rods...SC rods (at least my year) are forged.

For Rockers (roller), I'm going to go through either SCP or Morana
--(supercoupeperformance.com) -- (moranav6racing.com)

I'm presently redoing my ENTIRE engine from my 1990 SC. But all of the machine shop work is being done at a local shop.

Back