Looking for an SC

ilusnforc

My friend has always wanted an SC ever since the day he saw mine, and he finally got approved for a loan and I was the first person he called. He said his preference is a late model '94-'95 with 5-speed. Not too sure if he has any preference in color, but there are so few colors anyway, they all look good. If you can, keep a look out, or if you happen to already know of one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!

Andy
ilusnforc@aol.com

ilusnforc said:
My friend has always wanted an SC ever since the day he saw mine, and he finally got approved for a loan and I was the first person he called. He said his preference is a late model '94-'95 with 5-speed. Not too sure if he has any preference in color, but there are so few colors anyway, they all look good. If you can, keep a look out, or if you happen to already know of one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!

Andy
ilusnforc@aol.com

Hey Andy how's it going? I saw a SC for sale down the street for a lady friend of mine in Dallas I will be going over there tomorrow and I'll check to see if it's still there and I'll try and get all the info on it and the asking price.

:D

SC for sale

Sorry Andy he sold it over the weekend, :( dam was a nice one too black on black 5 speed. Oh well I'll keep my eyes open.

We going to see ya for the fall run? If you decide not to do the run maybe you could hang with us Friday or Saturday night. :D

Hey Don... I'm doing pretty good going to school full time and working part time, just started with RC Airplanes too. Do you know what year that SC was? I'm still looking for some of my friends.

I'm not sure about the fall run... can you give me a link with the fall run info? If I can make it, I sure would like to see more SC's show up, or at least some LX's. Thanks for keeping an eye out though... keep up the good work!

Hey Andy, I know where a perfect SC will be selling!

Andy, if your friend is still holding out for a good SC he's in luck. I was talking to Colby of New Orleans and he is soon to sell his minty fresh red/gray '94 5-speed (same as my '94). This car is immaculate and beautiful, there are some pics of it further down on this forum in a post about the Mardi Gras meet. The car has just over 100K on it but has clean gray leather, fresh paint, really fresh head gaskets, and is getting a new dampener right now. The dampener broke just enough to mess up the iginition timing and took the HG's out about a month ago and it's been in the shop ever since. The mechanic in New Orleans who actually has moderate SC experience couldn't find a broken dampener with a map and flashlight, even after I told him that's what it was, but it finally got diagnosed and is being taken care of. Colby doesn't really have or want to sell it but situations get the best of us. It's a good buy at full market value. It's got some really nice wheels and a custom Magnaflow exhaust system. The brake calipers are color matched to the red body.

A partial delivery to Houston may be a posibility also. Tell your friend and show him the pics, if he's interested send me an email and I'll get you in contact with him. He's without internet right now so he has to be reached by phone.

Vernon
ManicV6Mechanic@wmconnect.com

Thanks for the find Vernon. I found a real nice '95 5-speed in New Mexico, my friend would have gotten it but he had some problems getting the loan (the car had to have texas registration and inspection). He just said forget about it... I found the pics you were talking about from Mardi Gras, looks pretty sharp, I'll show it to him and see what he thinks... but like I said, it has to have texas stickers to get a loan. I'll let you know if he is interested.

btw... do you know what he's asking for it?? Thanks

Andy

ilusnforc said:
Thanks for the find Vernon. I found a real nice '95 5-speed in New Mexico, my friend would have gotten it but he had some problems getting the loan (the car had to have texas registration and inspection). He just said forget about it... I found the pics you were talking about from Mardi Gras, looks pretty sharp, I'll show it to him and see what he thinks... but like I said, it has to have texas stickers to get a loan. I'll let you know if he is interested.

btw... do you know what he's asking for it?? Thanks

Andy

Andy, Colby doesn't have a set price in mind yet but it should be in the high end of SC pricing. Sucks about the Texas tag/plate thing, I wonder how to get around it?

Vernon

ilusnforc said:

There are many SCs at autotraider.com 5-speeds included.

there are just a few on auto trader, but like i said, a loan through the bank has to be a car with texas inspection and texas tags on it. He kind of gave up now.. because you just can't find one in Texas, at least not this minute.. maybe down the road there might be one, but until then, or until he has the cash for it.....

Never heard of a lending agancy not allowing one to go get the car and get it tagged and inspected in TX by a certain amount of days.

Doug Franklin said:
Never heard of a lending agancy not allowing one to go get the car and get it tagged and inspected in TX by a certain amount of days.

LOL to that Doug me either. :confused:

I wrote auto trader an email requesting a way to sort out the SC. I am sure they will not accomodate. But there are a bunch of birds to go through to find an SC.

Well you said he prefers a 5-speed. Set the tranny type to manual. There won't likely be any LX's listed then. I don't know a cheat to get the autos too, but last time I was there, it didn't take that long for me to go through all the V-6 cars.

Back