Blower Coupler

RBM91

My 91 SC has slop and noise coming out of the blower snout. I think it's probably the coupler. Can I just pull the snout off and change the coupler or do I have to take off the pulley etc. It seems that the coupler just slides onto some drive pins. Any pictures illustrations anyplace? I've searched but haven't turned up anything that allows me to understand what the assembly looks like. I think the snout bearings are OK. Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes you can just pull the entire snout off and change the coupler. Then use a thin coat of high temp RTV sealer when putting it back together. I would let it dry overnight before refilling the supercharger fluid.

David

David Neibert said:
Yes you can just pull the entire snout off and change the coupler. Then use a thin coat of high temp RTV sealer when putting it back together. I would let it dry overnight before refilling the supercharger fluid.

David

Is it true that the SC oil is meant to be reused?

No I wouldn't reuse it. You can go to the either the Ford or GM dealer (GM is cheaper) and get two 4oz bottles of the supercharger fluid or do what I did and go to a regional airport and buy a quart of turbo/jet engine oil. BP2380 is the most popular and cost about $9 a quart.

It only takes about 6 oz. to re-fill the supercharger.

David

Back