Fall Run Oct. 16th 2004 out of San Antonio,Tx

blue92

Since we didn't get to do the re-mapping in August we will doing the fall run out of Bandera again this year.

Fall run 3rd weekend of Oct. in the scenic Hill Country out of Bandara, Tx. We will be lodging in San Antonio, Tx. driving up highway 16 to Bandara, driving the 274 mile run. Then returning to San Antonio and taking in the famed River Walk of San Antonio. Before the run we will meet in the hotel parking lot for lineup pics, drivers meeting, and a radio check.

I have found us a hotel in San Antonio just like the find I found us in Austin. Studio 6 is just down the road from the Hampton Inn we stayed at last year. $42. bucks a night for a single, $54. for a double, and the rooms have kitchens.

So I hope we can have a good turnout this year in San Antonio. So put this on your schedules folks.

:cool: :D

Hey Don,
I got your message and NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU, Don, and the Fordbastards. Best time I ever had at MSR!!!!!

I just got back from a 2 week trip. MSR is still running. Don't know why no answer phone. I have been too busy as I said when I bowed out of sight a few months ago. Or has it been a year? They were running cars this weekend. Anyway I made progress on only one car, the one I brought to your meet out here. O.J. Hanna has closed where I was getting a cage in another, so there went paid work. I have to see what happened there with the welder as Hanna, and wonder his condition now, had a bad heart and hope the man from down under is still around to make cages but looks like it is being cleaned out for another company of bikes or something un-fun as that.

I will try to call you. I am swamped with more work than I can handle these days. What a diference from the last several years.

Later Don and hope this meet is a safe one for ya. Sorry to be off topic. Guys these SHOmen are a good group to get to know & DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE with. What are cars were meant to do.

Later all,
Doug

Last edited:
Doug Franklin said:
Hey Don,
I got your message and NEVER FORGET ABOUT YOU, Don, and the Fordbastards. Best time I ever had at MSR!!!!!

I just got back from a 2 week trip. MSR is still running. Don't know why no answer phone. I have been too busy as I said when I bowed out of sight a few months ago. Or has it been a year? They were running cars this weekend. Anyway I made progress on only one car, the one I brought to your meet out here. O.J. Hanna has closed where I was getting a cage in another, so there went paid work. I have to see what happened there with the welder as Hanna, and wonder his condition now, had a bad heart and hope the man from down under is still around to make cages but looks like it is being cleaned out for another company of bikes or something un-fun as that.

I will try to call you. I am swamped with more work than I can handle these days. What a diference from the last several years.

Later Don and hope this meet is a safe one for ya. Sorry to be off topic. Guys these SHOmen are a good group to get to know & DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE with. What are cars were meant to do.

Later all,
Doug

Very Glad to hear good news that you still have a good job and are busy. Texan Tony (red supercharged SHO) works for Delta out at DFW and will probably be laid off in January. Murphy owns a company called USA Pallets and has this huge warehouse space so Murphy is building Tony a work station over at his place with a lift and all, Tony's will be doing auto repairs full time out of necessity. Bad for Tony, but may work out good for you. Tony will need all the auto work he can get, so while your out of town on your business trips Tony can be putting together you a good ride out of all you got. Tony enjoys doing engine rebuilds and probably can get your 5-speed up rompin and rollin while your out a town sometime. Be great to come home from a long buisness trip to a hot runnin SC beast and all ya got to do in turn the key.

:cool: :D

Last edited:
Good idea Don. Maybe I can pull that off even with all the expense of these college kids. I hope with our 2nd new owner that jobs last. Believe I am OK but they will lay off even when we meet all profit and incoming goals. Very discouraging. They want growth with more and more lay offs. We make more profit than all divisions as is, I think. It is good either way.

MSR is building houses around the track with first floor all garage and upstairs all house. Too rich for me. What are you wanting to do out there?

updated list on attendance

This is what I have so far

Don from Arlington gen2 mtx
Murphy from Arlington gen2 mtx
MikeD/Bruce from Azle gen2 mtx
Tony's El Toro from Arlington gen2 mtx
Chris from Lewisville gen1 mtx
Cory from close to Waco gen2 mtx
Sergio from Houston gen1 mtx
Martin from Houstin gen1 mtx
Dale from Kerrville gen1 mtx
Jeremy from Midland gen2 atx
Pam Lee from Corpus gen3 atx
Andrew#1 from San Antonio gen3 atx
Andrew#2 from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Josh from San Antonio gen2 mtx
Jay from Houston gen2 mtx
James from San Antonio gen1 mtx
Jason from San Antonio gen2 atx
Jason's wife gen2 atx
Mike from San Antonio gen2
Jeff from Bergheim gen1 mtx
JC from San Antonio gen1 mtx

Sure would like to see some SCs there as well. :D

Last edited:
I would like to stop in saturday morning when you do the "lineup" or get-together just before the run. Let me know what time I should plan to show up. Any other MN12's gonna be there??

Also, I don't know what the plans are for Friday night, but I might run out to San Antonio Raceway in Marion to make a few runs.

ilusnforc said:
I would like to stop in saturday morning when you do the "lineup" or get-together just before the run. Let me know what time I should plan to show up. Any other MN12's gonna be there??

Also, I don't know what the plans are for Friday night, but I might run out to San Antonio Raceway in Marion to make a few runs.

Sat. morning 9:30am for pics and drivers meeting at the Studio 6 on I-10 west.

Friday night there will be a bunch to meet at the hotel around 8pm. May just have a cook out at hotel or head out to a car show with Damien taking place at I-35 and Topperwein Road ( Biff Busby's parking lot to those that know ).

:D

Back