10 inch 2600 stall AOD Torque Converter

Dirtyd0g

I have a 10inch converter with very very low miles on it for sale.
This converter was installed into a Mustang and did not meet stall requirements for that car. Would be very nice and efficient for a supercoupe.
Direct drive has been eliminated meaning more power in high gears. Because this is a very efficient converter Fuel economy should have very little change.
Cooler highly recommended. $150 plus shipping
Highly modified vehicles will require a hardened input shaft to prevent breakage.
Feel free to message me with any converter needs. I can build anything desired to fit Aod transmissions and have very many options on 4r70w units.
Alan

Direct drive has been eliminated meaning more power in high gears. Because this is a very efficient converter Fuel economy should have very little change.

ABConverters said:

it sounds like a non-lockup because of the more power in the high end gears, just a guess

I don't consider the AOD converter to be lockup as they don't have a clutch.
The AOD uses 2 input shafts to actually bypass the converter in 3rd and 4th gears. This is the reason these transmissions give the "clunk" feeling in high gears. Big stall converters require the system be used. A lower stall unit like this will give better results without direct drive making the converter run in all gears. This is a very tight 10inch converter. I originally built it wanting 2800 stall or better. It fell short of that so I built the customer a higher unit. As I said I think this converter is best suited for a supercoupe. It is considerably lighter and smaller than the stock converter.
Alan

Any idea on what you'd want for a 4R70W converter for a 94 SC. Something with a similair stall and options, and a direct replacement. Lemme know. Alyn.

can this thing withstand a 100 hp nitrous launch? I was looking into B&M convertors and was told to get the holeshot 2400 since it has brazed impellor fins and can take the nitrous abuse.

Scott Long said:
can this thing withstand a 100 hp nitrous launch? I was looking into B&M convertors and was told to get the holeshot 2400 since it has brazed impellor fins and can take the nitrous abuse.

Yes this converter can withstand a decent shot of nitrous. The reason I recommend this converter for a street application is because it does not have ballooning plates. So I would not recommend it over 6000 rpm. The cover on it is thicker and stronger than the stock converter was however.
Every converter I build has Furnace brazed or tig welded fins. The High horsepower units have both. The sprag in this converter is rated for no more than 500ftlb of torque. So That is the limitation I place on this converter.

Alan

Back