The Real Deal On Front Strut Tower Braces

Rich1034

OK, here's the real deal on me making front strut tower braces:

I'm interested in making them, since noone does. I've got a SC coming down today for me to mock one up on his car, and get my patterns and jig built. I can start building them as early as tommorrow, but I'm taking a few days break for the holiday, and will resume production on Friday. With that being said:

I put out a post for interest on rear strut tower braces, and got 16 relies that they wanted braces. To this day, I've recieved 5 payments that all have been shipped out. If you ordered a rear brace, it's in the mail. I shipped all of them out the day after I recieved payment. So this makes me nervous about building front STBs for SCs. I get a much better deal if I can buy the steel in bulk, and not just pieces at a time, so I can pass that savings on to you. However, at this time, I have 10 rear STBs sitting in my shop that I have already paid for because people were interested. So, I will make the front STBs, but turnaround will be a couple days on them after payment, since I have too much money sunk into the rear ones at this time. Unless we get 10 paid orders out the hole, and then I'll complete them all next week, and get them shipped out, since I would be able to justify buying the steel in bulk for 10 orders.

Price on these will be $135 shipped to the lower 48 states, and I should have pics up today or tomorrow of the prototype. The prototype will be exactly like the bars for sale, but the welds will be cleaner and better, since I'll have the jigs built, and won't be taking it on and off the car, breaking the welds, etc, etc.

Please respond only if you're serious about buying one, and if you want the package deal with front and rear price will be $200 shipped.

I would like to see the prototype..

I might be interested in buying one of these. I will await the pictures..

Thanks,

James Gangel

Just be shure to check for clearance issues. I remember some saying that with the KB STB, there were some fitment problems when using the raised top and other MP components.

I have rears available right now for $65 shipped. Fronts have been a PITA, actually. I've made 2 of them, and Fed Ex lost one, so I have to remake it, but don't have the SC to build them on anymore, and I like to testfit every one that I make. Maybe SC Ward can come down one weekend, and I can build and check a few on his car right then. There seem to be no SCs in this entire town. I have one outstanding order for the one that was lost by Fed Ex, so I have to remake that one at least, so I could probably whip up a few of them again if there's interest. The big problem is that with all the intake combinations, I can only guarantee it to fit a stock plenum, unless someone is willing to come down, and let me build one on their car with a different combination, then I could build a jig and make sure it's the same every time.

Hey Rich, how is it going? If you ever want to make them for the Mark VIII guys or 5.0 T-bird guys, you could keep busy for a long time! You'd have two orders right here! If you did want to make them for the Marks, I'm sure I could find someone in the area for some fitting.

Thomas

I could probably make them for any car, as long as I have the car here for the entire day. 5.0 cars should be pretty easy. I've already got a jig for NA 3.8 cars, but I guess most of those guys don't need them, since I haven't had anyone else ask about them.

Front/Rear

I'd be interested in both Front and rear, Pics would be awesome. I am planning on switching to Koni Adjustables, would that make any difference?

Stb 3.8 Na

Rich1034 said:
I could probably make them for any car, as long as I have the car here for the entire day. 5.0 cars should be pretty easy. I've already got a jig for NA 3.8 cars, but I guess most of those guys don't need them, since I haven't had anyone else ask about them.

Can you whip one for a '95 3.8 NA on a one off basis? I'd be interested.
Email me: BillPict@concentric.net

Thanks,

Bill

Back