Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Cobra rear brake conversion caliper relocation brackets

The brackets I am selling will position the calipers to go over the Cobra rear 11.65" rear rotors. If you are wanting to use 13" rear rotors, then you would to use their brackets, or fab something up yourself.

cheers
    Ed N.

i have to call them again and ask. i forgot why i wanted the 13" vs 11.65"

Well, 13" rears would fill up large wheels nicely for a better appearance, but I don't think there would be much (if any) performance benefit from them ... unless you had 14" or larger front rotors to match.

cheers
    Ed N.

thats what it was i think. i wanted the back to match the front.

well i called them back today. they said 13" drilled /slotted rotors with calipers and brackets are $949 and 11.65" are $850.

Well guys, that's it, no more brackets. Had one last small batch run off, and Fraser is getting the last pair this weekend. My friend who has been building these for many years now had asked to "retire", he just has too much other stuff going on in his life with work, a side business, two young sons, and now a boat and cottage.

I do still have a few pairs of hub rings left, if anyone needs those. $30 for the pair shipped by postal service.

If you are looking to get brackets in the future, David Dalke (XR7 Dave) is having some nice milled units done, see this thread for info:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120811

Thanks to everyone who has purchased these over the years, we probably ended up doing over 150 pairs between here, TCCoA, and the Lincoln forums occasionally. Should have kept an exact tally, but in any case it was a lot of them! Wasn't out to make a killing on them, in fact in the last few years as the Canadian dollar came to parity with the U.S., I wasn't making much profit on these ... it was more about helping out the people in the community who either didn't have the skills, access to equipment, or time to build the brackets themselves.

cheers
    Ed N.

Quote Originally Posted by fast ed View Post
    well guys, that's it, no more brackets. Had one last small batch run off, and fraser is getting the last pair this weekend. My friend who has been building these for many years now had asked to "retire", he just has too much other stuff going on in his life with work, a side business, two young sons, and now a boat and cottage.

i do still have a few pairs of hub rings left, if anyone needs those. $30 for the pair shipped by postal service.

if you are looking to get brackets in the future, david dalke (xr7 dave) is having some nice milled units done, see this thread for info:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120811

thanks to everyone who has purchased these over the years, we probably ended up doing over 150 pairs between here, tccoa, and the lincoln forums occasionally. Should have kept an exact tally, but in any case it was a lot of them! Wasn't out to make a killing on them, in fact in the last few years as the canadian dollar came to parity with the u.s., i wasn't making much profit on these ... It was more about helping out the people in the community who either didn't have the skills, access to equipment, or time to build the brackets themselves.

Cheers
    ed n.
    sad to hear the supply has ran out.....

any chance you will supply the drawings or specs for them so others can make there own??

Quote Originally Posted by 90turbo1 View Post
    any chance you will supply the drawings or specs for them so others can make there own??
    Quote Originally Posted by fast Ed View Post
    These are brackets made from the plans off Doug Fraleigh's site, http://home.comcast.net/~dlfraleigh/Article.html .
    RIF

I published the article over 10 years ago.

Get the brackets that David is making, I did.

Thanks, order going in tonite for them

Still getting some inquiries from time to time about these brackets. I'm no longer offering them, but David Dalke has some nicely made machined ones available, see his thread here as mentioned above:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...or-upgrade-kit

cheers
    Ed