Cobra rear brake conversion caliper relocation brackets

Here are pics of the swap

Stock vs Cobra rotors
img11310.jpg

img1100.jpg

img11501.jpg

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Several more sets of these available to ship out now. Please p.m. or e-mail me if you need a set.

thanks,
Ed N.

It is a worthwhile upgrade to do along with the 13" front swap. Our cars are heavy enough to need all the rotor mass that can reasonably be used. Thanks to Shane for posting up the comparison pics.

cheers
Ed N.

Special price of $225 shipped when combined with the OEM Cobra rear hubs I also have left.

thanks,
Ed N.

Ed,

You answered this but I can't find where. These are for a rear cobra hub swap but what about the front?

The rings are extra, they are $30 for a pair if shipped at the same time as the brackets.

thx,
Ed N.

I forgot to post this up here, but thank you Ed for the brackets and rings for the Cobra brake upgrade on my Lincoln :D
It was great meeting you. The install went well, I'll have to put up some pictures of it all done now. It is a great improvement over the new stock stuff I had on there. I bought some Porterfield R4S pads all the way around like I had on the stock stuff and it's even more amazing now...
Thanks again Ed!
J.

New batch done, a few sets not spoken for. Anyone else looking for these?

Still $85 shipped, PayPal or money order.

thanks,
Ed N.

It sure is gratifying to see something I did over 8 years ago have this kind of lifespan. Many thanks to Ed for supplying the brackets, as better brakes is certainly something the MN-12 chassis sorely needed. :)

Thanks to Doug for doing that excellent tech article on the swap and upgrade years ago that we refer everyone to. Of course also for graciously allowing me to use his design on the brackets for making them available to sell. It started off with Jason Marsh asking me if I could get a pair made up for him by my friend who built them for my car, and snowballed from there.

Haven't kept exact count, but it has to be over 100 sets now. :)

thx,
Ed N.

Is there a larger rotor with the 4.25 bolt circle? Do you still have some sets? I have an 89 I would like to do this to. Also are 94 MK8 rear calipers an upgrade over my stock brakes?

There aren't any larger off-the-shelf rotors that fit directly keeping the 4.25" pattern. People are generally changing to 4.5", or simply drilling the 11.65" Cobra rotors with the 4.25" pattern.

The Mark VIII rear calipers are the same as 93 - 97 T-Bird and Cougar. They are designed for the thinner rear rotors used on those cars, compared to 89 - 92. The Cobra rotors are the thinner style as well. So if your car needs to have the rear calipers replaced anyway, and you are going with Cobra rotors, then changing to the 93 - 97 calipers, anchors, and pads makes sense.

I do currently have some brackets ready to go. Send me a p.m. or e-mail if you need to order a set. Still $85 shipped, including hardware.

thx,
Ed N.

surprisingly, I'm still getting email replies to this thread, so I figured I'd post an update. 3 years and 15k miles since I swapped these from my 94 to the 97 and there have been ZERO problems. :)

There we go, a positive testimonial from my very first customer for these brackets. Everyone who has bought these can thank Jason for getting the ball rolling on getting the brackets in to "production". :)

thx,
Ed N.

Back