Finally, my DOHC swap is complete!

racecougar

Well, after pulling my hair out for a month trying to figure out why the car won't start, I finally solved the problem yesterday. See this thread for the symptoms. As it turns out, I missed one ground, which was causing all sorts of problems. I finally managed to track it down yesterday, and voila, the car fires right up. And it is LOUD (no exhaust after the Kooks headers, at the moment)!

showcar%20front.jpg

showcar%20engine%203.jpg

showcar%20back%203.jpg

By the way, that is a 4.6L DOHC in a 90 XR7. Now I just need to finish up the interior (it's from a 97 LX), install some exhaust, and have it dynotuned. Then it's time to hit the pavement.

-Rod

sweet, good luck.

Is that a Mark VIII LSC motor?

You could try to get the Cobra Mustang intake manifold and plenums, might add some more power too it w/ a custom tb to maf pipe and cone filter.

Is the trunk lid and tail lights off a 93 XR7? They don't look 90 to me.

Brad's car is awesome.

Rod: Makes you feel good when track down the problem, doesn't it? You walk around for a week with a big smile and when people ask why, you explain it to them. And then they don't get it :D

-Andy "Melon"

Scott,

Yep, those taillights are from a 93 XR7. The engine is a brand new 94 Mark 8 engine (I picked up a few a while back, and I decided to keep a couple for myself). This engine will remain relatively stock, it's just in the car to get all the bugs worked out. Engine #2 will be a bit better. ;)

Mike,

Yes, I've met Brad in person. Great guy, great car. Brian does excellent work. He tuned my 3.8L splitport powered 94 LX, he setup the EEC in this car, and he will be making the final adjustments to this car once I get the exhaust on it.

Andy,

You could say that I'm pretty happy about finally figuring out the problem. Although it would have been nice to figure it out sooner.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

-Rod

Here is a picture of Brad's car with Brad and some of his buddies at this years Car Craft Summer Nationals event in Minnesota. He drove up from Lincoln to hang with us up there. His dad had a very nice 66 Charger that has one a few awards and was selected by Car Craft to do a photo shoot for a future feature.

My car was embarassed to be parked next to his.

Attachments

• CC_Todd_Gang.jpg
    CC_Todd_Gang.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 202
Back