rear suspension noise

SuperCoupeSC91

i have a weird rear suspension noise seems like on the passangers side(or rear not sure), only happens when i downshift a little quick under torque ? i have replaced the whole driveline ? but i have stock shocks and springs, could a broken shock ? an exhaust hitting ? i removed that insulation between the tank and driveshaft i believe it was, its bad, when i downshift seems like something is hitting like a jack hammer, quick bangs like somethings hitting something, i looked at my driveshaft, looked at the springs, i have new poly poly diff bushings, poly knuckle bushings, new end links, new solid rubber tranny mount, new ffrp 3.73's aluminumm diff, dual coil spring air bags, new solid rubber motor mounts, poly crossmember mounts i'm almost lost on this ? new aluminum driveshaft with new u joint, rebuilt tranny, new spec stg 3 clutch kit w aluminum flywheel, slave, any one ever hear of anything like this ? never does it under acceleration, just downshifting about into 2nd / 1st not sure about 3rd.. but if i downshift and i'm not passed 3k when i downshift i dont really hear anything.. any ideas anyone ? Thanks Alex L :confused:

Last edited:
i forgot to mention i just installed a rear shock tower brace me and my friend made, so it shouldnt be flex'n at all anymore, but its been doin this for a lil while, i just dont downshift quick anymore..Alex L

Your running 3.73s with a five speed? Thats a little steep dont you think?

Now for your sound, maybe your are torquing it so much that somewhere in the driveline something flexes during the downshift and hits. Could be a by-product of the steep gearing.

Shane

first post wasnt to descriptive on the clutch downshift'n, when i let out the clutch quick when downshifting, aggresively downshifting it makes noise, sometimes i just downshift a lil early and it makes that noise..weird...

yeah it is steep, 3.73's in a 5-spd but, i had no choice and my best deal for a complete new diff aluminum for 615 ish shipped? but yeah anyone else have that steep of gears in a 5-spd and have this problem ? thanks alex L

check axle nut mine came loose onetime and it made a knocking noise

also driveshaft bolts at rear diff

thx.. i just learned a few days ago (on here) about them needed 250ft pds of torque so maybe they are loose i'll go buy a 2.5" breaker bar tomorrow and get that size socket ? anyone know off hand what size it is ? i ususally use my bro's tools and i wont be able to..starting to work on my own :) i'll check the driveshaft bolts as well, but if they were loose they should of flexed a lil when u pushed pressure directly on it when i had it up in the rear no ? i had it up on my bros lift a lil while ago and i pushed up on it while it was up in the air. but i still will check them out.. thnx Alex L

Back