Jacques Villeneuve is back

MercsSC

finally something to cheer about in F1 ...did 2 days of testing at silverstone for Renault on wednesday and thursday....and was quickly up to speed and finished third on the time sheet ..on thursday ...the goal this year for Renault and JV ...is to finish 2nd in the constuctors championship ..ahead or his old team BAR .. which Renault is 3 points behind ..with 3 races remaining...he has also inked a 2 year deal with Sauber for 2005 and 2006 ...I'm excited for more info check out...dave :D
http://www.planet-f1.com/
http://jv-world.com/EN/Home/page_2.shtml

Thats strange.... I saw on SC that he did some testing and everyone expected him to go with renault but he went with another team... something with a B i think.. and it wasn't BAR..

stupid TV...

blah

i personally don't find it exciting that JV is back in the cockpit, in fact i hate him.

based on the 2 day test runs and how he stacked up compared to Sato who set the pace it looks like he's in good form, but you can't be that certain as to how much of a good form he's in from testing... only a race will tell. it's one thing to do well in testing which really doesn't count, it's another to do well in a race which actually matters.

stan

JV is a punk, he is a baby imo. He had a hot run accomplished alot, at that point I respected him, but he quickly turned into a spoiled brat with the atitude that the world owed him. I hope for his sake that his departure from F1 may have given him a reality check. If he can come back down to the real world than perhaps I will begin to respect him again.

Watch Trulli and Ralph, I suspect Toyota will have something to say in F1 in not too long.

And as a final note JV will be racing for Sauber, how sad is that? Sauber is not what I would consider a top contender by any means.

Last edited:
lol

he might as of well signed with jordan or minardi, although i like eddie jordan so lets just say minardi.

wow

And as a final note JV will be racing for Sauber, how sad is that? Sauber is not what I would consider a top contender by any means.
he might as of well signed with jordan or minardi, although i like eddie jordan so lets just say minardi.

I couldn't disagree more ...with Ferrari power plants and now that they have built there own wind tunnel ..I think they will beable to build a car to fit JV ..and with the backing of the 1 of the largest european oil company behind them ..Sauber will be a contender..by 2006..or the next NHL season ...dave

sabbySC said:
JV is a punk, he is a baby imo. He had a hot run accomplished alot, at that point I respected him, but he quickly turned into a spoiled brat with the atitude that the world owed him. I hope for his sake that his departure from F1 may have given him a reality check. If he can come back down to the real world than perhaps I will begin to respect him again.

Watch Trulli and Ralph, I suspect Toyota will have something to say in F1 in not too long.

Sabby,
I would be interested to know how you have gone from a 16+sec stock quarter and 0-60 of 8.22 to 12.9 quarter. You must have some very impressive mods. such as a blower and nitrous. Those big wheels can't be helping much. What have you done?

Red

Fox, my truck ran 14.85@93mph with only a K&N fipk and mopar headers with stock cat and exhaust. Most stock regular cab RTs will run low 15's with a good driver, also most club cabs are mid to low 15's, so.... it's really beyond me where you get the idea my truck(or any other RT for that matter) is a 16 second truck?

As for mods at the time when I ran a 12.9 my mods were:
K&N fipk
Mopar M1 intake
mopar headers, 3" single exhaust with stock cat in place
MSD wires
valve body modification
MP PCM
28" slicks
100hp wet shot of nitrous

So as you can see it didn't take much at all to run a high 12 and I was still running the puny stock throtle body, running without the juice I was running 14.2 at 98mph, which is pretty good on a 28" slick.

Since than I have added:

4.56gears + new stock posi
full 2.5" dual exhaust with X pipe and no cats
2800rpm stall converter
52mm billet throtle body (stock is 50mm but is a rough casting)
Mallory ignition

In the future I wouldn't mind aftermarket heads/cam and perhaps a new bottom end with stornger pistons and higher compression. Either that or a blower, but I like knowing I can run pretty strong NA.

The truck feels quite abit quicker now, though I haven't been to the track to for some new runs.

Just out of curiosity what does your truck run? I know those L's will run pretty strong.

RedFox said:
Sabby,
I would be interested to know how you have gone from a 16+sec stock quarter and 0-60 of 8.22 to 12.9 quarter. You must have some very impressive mods. such as a blower and nitrous. Those big wheels can't be helping much. What have you done?

Red

Oh yeah and if you're quoting magazine times for those numbers than I would say that you're lightning is a mid 14 second truck. Magazine times are never very accurate.

Sabby,
I got those numbers from an old article on the R/T. Actual numbers do vary and as you know every magazine get's different numbers. Manufacturer's data on a stock Lightning is 0-60 5.8 and quarter in 13.9. The R/T 10 is 5.4 and 13.9. Magazines have put the Lightning as low as 5.2 and 13.5 and the R/T10 at 5.0 and 13.4. I think it really depends on traction and how aggressive the driver is. Some highly modded Lightnings are running in the 10's and Johnny Lightning has broken in the 9's. 12's are easily achievable with chip, filter and pulley.

Personnaly, I don't drag race but I really enjoy the road course. I ran Mosport, Dunnville, TMS and will be running Shannonville in October.

Running the twisties with this big beast is a real riot.

I look forward to seeing your truck.

Denis ;)

The SRT-10 has gone as low as 12.9 but that was in a dodge magazine. I saw similar numbers discrepancies in MM&FF a while ago where they showed a LS1 going super low 13's where most other mags said mid 13's. I would say definately traction plays a big role but mph never lies.

I know lightnings can go very quick. I believe the fastest guys are all running different blowers and modified internals, and yes 12's are easily attainable with a chip/pulley. The fastest street RT I know of is running low 10's on a blown 340 with a ton of mods. Than there are quite a few in the 11s, but not around here(always in the states you know). There alot of dakotas running drags but I don't really consider them as being anything realistic for the average joe like you or me.

Did you know that a Dakota RT supposedly handles better than a Gen2 (or Gen1) Lightning? That is by magazine statistics however, and I have never been out on a road course, nor do I have the necessarry experience to make the most of a vehicles handling capability.

As always it comes down to whoever has the most cubes and the most cash to go the fastest, and you can always buy a fast vehicle and pay the factory for the speed or you can buy a slower one and pay the aftermarket for the speed.

It really depends how you rate handling. Slalom, skid pad, high speed braking and stability. I have heard that the R/T handles well but I've never seen one at the track. Usually, I'm the only pick up running the course.

Car guys (especially high hp ones) really hate getting passed by an agricultural vehicle such as a pick up. I love the look on their face when my big grill is all they can see in their mirror or when they're starring at my tail lights. My buddies really get a kick out of this.

Den

I know the handling on mine is crap now, it still corners well but it can't handle any bumps. This is because I lowered it and now lack the suspension travel needed to actually handle well. Otherwise I would say you're free to take it out for a spin and see what you think.

I hear that on the truck thing, most guys hate it when you roast thier sports car with a pickup. My favourite is the older fox 5.0's, I love the look on thier face when they loose to a pickup. That being said there are a ton of really fast 5.0's out there but usually the guys with the fast ones have put alot of work into them and share the same respect for anyone else putting time and money into thier rides.

Since you're close or below 4000lbs, I'm sure you can get your truck to handle really well. With suspensions, its the small stuff that counts. If I see you at an SC event, I can give you a few tips.

Now I'm off to a bitching meeting.

den

Back