500hp V6??

cheeriosluvr

I was talking to some kid this past weekend, he has a Thunderbird LX V6 and he was telling me how he had 500hp.
He does have NOS, but im not sure what exactly he has elseware.
I looked at the kid and was like the V6 motors can not handle 500hp and i found it very hard to beleive 500hp :rolleyes:
We have a Boss 302 trans am car(was in "T" building at carlise) and we have around 500hp on the dyno and that is out of a hardcore race motor.....

Who else thinks that this kid is full of crap???

I might have to find him when im in my SC and race him. The only thing he doesnt know is that i will soon have Nitrous Express system:D

Todd

Hmm... lets see.......... NO WAY IN HELL.........
I've got a 96' LX 3.8L soon to have ported heads, intakes, and a new cam and I'll be lucky to have around 220hp (at the flywheel). there is a V6 Mustang that I know off with ported heads, intakes, Camshaft, and a PRO-Charger making 11-12psi of boost and he got 308rwhp with a 5speed, so he has around 375 HP(at the flywheel). The stock LX 3.8L bottem end won't hold more than a 100 shot for a few passes. I would say he has 300HP at the MOST with nitrous, if he has any other mods besides nitrous.

Jim Demmit says he has 1050 hp

and that he can exceed the sound barrior,,,not bad jim 1050hp lol mine makes 2200 hp its in peices too.. a crate motor if you will lol :D

496hp inverted as well

Manny hang on can you beat my 496hp V6?
if I put my 1471 blower on it "wow" blower is bigger than the motor maybe if I invert it 6000hp

"ARMY of ONE" coming for you :D

I halped my friedn build a 275 RWHP 3.8 motor with stock bottom end, stock pistons, stock rods, stock TB, stock cam, stock intakes, just had heavily ported split port heads and longtubes and a few other stuff like that, and a AWESOME tune by Jerry, we have the dyno graphs and Sean and Bill saw the motor sitting in my garage, its MIlan's old motor guys. We just finished dropping in a 4.2 bottom end and a HUGE cam so he should be well over the 400 HP mark now.

I should be close to 500 HP as well, I have the SCmotor in my mustang and also have notrous waiting to be installed, but I gotta get it running first, is needs a tune still.

So I think a 500 HP V6 is very possible but htis guy was probably not accurate in his HP assumption, he was probbly guessing way over. :)

I am assuming that the guy was talking out of his ass - us kids seem to do that alot.
I do know that 500 HP can be gotten out of a v6, BUT it takes a ton of work. My friend is getting 600 hp out of the naturally aspiriated 4.0 in his explorer, but that is on a completely race built motor w/ every goody made for the thing (except the supercharger vortech put out).
So - yes 500 hp can be done in a v6, but it takes about $6k + and A LOT of work. Steve:D

I think it is nearly impossible to get almost 500hp out of a street driven V6, we have a few race cars and one of them is a Buick V6 Grand National motor and it puts out 525hp and that is every single thing you can imagine.....then we have a Boss 302 vintage race car and at 1/2throttle we have 498hp......these are out of
full blown race motors, titanium valves, seat, milled heads etc.

So i find it very hard to believe that he has that much hp...also i not only do i not think that the motor cant hold up but i dont think the drivetrain would either(driveshaft, rearend etc)

Just my opinion, we know how hard it is to get horsepower.

Todd

Well there's that ford Focus with a 4.2 that makes about that. I have seen several 9 second GN's making 610 hp on the STOCK cast iron crank. So yes it's possible, but your friend is full of it. I don't even need to see the car for that.

Jeff

As far as I know the explorer is fully race built w/ ported and polished aluminum heads, cam, bored over, etc., etc. Like I said - pretty much everything offered for the 4.0 except the supercharger. I don't remeber the name of the guys who built it, but I know they are across the street from my friends fab shop in Brea, CA (SI motorsports - they build prerunners). Steve:D

J57ltr said:
Well there's that ford Focus with a 4.2 that makes about that. I have seen several 9 second GN's making 610 hp on the STOCK cast iron crank. So yes it's possible, but your friend is full of it. I don't even need to see the car for that.

Jeff

come on.....you can automatically say that this kid is full of sh!t, but then you give us a line of sh!t seeing GN making 610hp:rolleyes:

No were did i say he was my friend....i was simply talking to him one night at a party....

Todd

Well I wasn’t born yesterday, so why don’t you go to turbo buick .com and ask over there. I saw a couple recently that were in Hot Rod or Car Craft that were running 9’s. You tell me how much power it takes to run 9’s in a 3650 pound car. And that’s a turbo motor not a NA motor. Our cars could make so much more power if we weren’t saddled with the Iron Lung and ran a turbo. A couple of SC’s are around 450 hp. But come on now a NA 3.8 with no power adder? Get real 500 hp is going to take cam duration measured in days. Streetable, NO. I will believe it when I see it.

Like I said before F.O.S., Even with NOS

Jeff

Last edited:
Computer

I halped my friedn build a 275 RWHP 3.8 motor with stock bottom end, stock pistons, stock rods, stock TB, stock cam, stock intakes, just had heavily ported split port heads and longtubes and a few other stuff like that, and a AWESOME tune by Jerry, we have the dyno graphs and Sean and Bill saw the motor sitting in my garage, its MIlan's old motor guys. We just finished dropping in a 4.2 bottom end and a HUGE cam so he should be well over the 400 HP mark now.

I should be close to 500 HP as well, I have the SCmotor in my mustang and also have notrous waiting to be installed, but I gotta get it running first, is needs a tune still.

So I think a 500 HP V6 is very possible
I have a 1989 SC 5 speed. I stroked it to 4.2, hi rise blower top, late model blower, big intake, 85 MM throttle body, Big injectors , fuel pressure reg, 85 MM throtle body, 85 mm mass air flow meter,alumin flywheel, roller rockers, big studs in heads for rockers, Head Studs, cold air intake. It dynoed at 298 at the wheels 375 lbs of torque. The power was really cut back by the early junk computer. The guy at the dyno shop was surprised at the power. I am building a automatic . I an building an 4R70W with a stand along tcm. I want to know what is the best computer to buy. I even thought about fuel Tech. Myndyno guy said we should be about 500 ho. I put 4.10:1 in it. I Can blow the tires launching it in 2nd gear.

So I think a 500 HP V6 is very possible
I have a 1989 SC 5 speed. I stroked it to 4.2, hi rise blower top, late model blower, big intake, 85 MM throttle body, Big injectors , fuel pressure reg, 85 MM throtle body, 85 mm mass air flow meter,alumin flywheel, roller rockers, big studs in heads for rockers, Head Studs, cold air intake. It dynoed at 298 at the wheels 375 lbs of torque. The power was really cut back by the early junk computer. The guy at the dyno shop was surprised at the power. I am building a automatic . I an building an 4R70W with a stand along tcm. I want to know what is the best computer to buy. I even thought about fuel Tech. Myndyno guy said we should be about 500 ho. I put 4.10:1 in it. I Can blow the tires launching it in 2nd gear.

Yes it is possible, and you don't even need nitrous. Several people have done it.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?139536-91-SC-pulls-504-rwhp-on-the-Dream-Crusher

David

Back